Episode is a mobile animated interactive storytelling network and marketplace created by Pocket Gems, a leading mobile entertainment and games company. Episode empowers storytellers to create mobile-first stories, aiming to define storytelling for the 2+ billion people on mobile with stories that are part TV, novel, movie, and mobile game. Since launching in 2014, readers have read over 2 billion episodes and over 4 million storytellers have signed up to create their own stories, including award-winning screenwriters and published novelists. Episode also partners with major studios and industry stars to create stories such as Mean Girls: Senior Year and Demi Lovato: Path to Fame.
- Identify potential partners for Episode that appeal to a primarily female audience
- Build and manage relationships with top beauty/fashion companies and movie/tv studios
- Work with A-list celebrities to build a larger audience for Episode
- Work with internal teams to manage and lead new opportunities
- Balance multiple projects at once and prioritize the highest value projects without sacrificing relationships
- Bachelor’s degree required. MBA or advanced degree a plus
- Experience working in at least one of the following:
- Entertainment & media company or agency (e.g. MTV, Netflix, CAA, WME)
- Fashion & Beauty (eg. Sephora, Forever 21)
- Passion for great storytelling and for Episode’s vision and current audience
- Entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to take ideas and run with them through to the finish, and are excited to build new relationships with people and companies outside your industry
- Strong project management skills with experience leading cross functional teams to deliver exceptional results on multiple axis of time, quality, and, cost
- Ability to communicate complicated ideas in a clear and succinct manner that motivates its listeners
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and get things done
Pocket Gems offers top-notch benefits, including a Premiere PPO health plan. We cover 100% of the cost of employees’ Medical, Dental and Vision premiums (and 75% of the cost for their dependents), as well as short and long-term disability, and life insurance. We also offer flex spending & dependent care accounts, pre-tax commuter benefits and a 401(k) plan. Catered lunches and all the snacks you can eat! Pocket Gems is located in beautiful downtown San Francisco, one block North of the Montgomery Street BART station.
Pocket Gems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.