Episode is a mobile animated interactive storytelling network and marketplace created by Pocket Gems, a leading mobile entertainment and games company. Episode empowers storytellers to create mobile-first stories, aiming to define storytelling for the 2+ billion people on mobile with stories that are part TV, novel, movie, and mobile game. Since launching in 2014, readers have read over 2 billion episodes and over 4 million storytellers have signed up to create their own stories, including award-winning screenwriters and published novelists. Episode also partners with major studios and industry stars to create stories such as Mean Girls: Senior Year and Demi Lovato: Path to Fame.
As a Live Product Manager, you’ll own and manage critical aspects of the Episode product which will be seen by millions of people around the world. You’ll take part in the product development, strategic vision, and business operations. You'll become an expert in understanding customers and in optimizing content that makes everyone excited to come back to Episode and see what’s new.
You should have a passion for the entertainment or games industry, have good intuition for mechanics, be able to refine hypotheses/models by digging into user data, and be excited about coordinating and inspiring our cross discipline teams.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- 2+ years of games industry experience in a product management role
- 1+ years of experience leading a cross-functional development team in a live operation setting
- Strong quantitative analysis skill and ability to refine hypotheses/models by digging into user data and iteratively improving metrics
- Strong experience in leveraging existing tech to optimize the three R’s
- Strong design mentality and intuition for game mechanics
- Bachelor’s degree required, ideally in quantitative discipline (CS, Engineering, Math, Econ, etc.)
- Ability to write clear and concise specs for new features
- Ability to write clear and concise analytics reports for management
- B.S. / M.S. in Computer Science, other engineering degree and/or MBA is a plus
Pocket Gems offers top-notch benefits, including a Premiere PPO health plan. We cover 100% of the cost of employees’ Medical, Dental and Vision premiums (and 75% of the cost for their dependents), as well as short and long-term disability, and life insurance. We also offer flex spending & dependent care accounts, pre-tax commuter benefits and a 401(k) plan. Pocket Gems is located in beautiful downtown San Francisco, one block North of the Montgomery Street BART station.
Pocket Gems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.