Pocket Gems seeks to build the greatest mobile games and most compelling interactive entertainment in the world. That’s the mission our founders began with, in an apartment above a pizza shop back in 2009, and it continues to inspire us today. Since then, we’ve grown to over 200 people headquartered in San Francisco, and with $155 million in backing from Sequoia Capital and Tencent, we’re constantly breaking new ground in mobile entertainment.
Our products have been downloaded over 500 million times by players around the world and have grossed over $1 billion in revenue. We continue to release brand new content for Episode, a mobile storytelling network and platform, and War Dragons, a visually stunning 3D real-time strategy game.
As our community of players continues to grow, we’re committed to building diverse and inclusive environments across our teams, and in our games.
Our Core studio is looking for a talented Senior UX Designer to help build intuitive and cohesive experiences in our next line of hit games. You should be committed to building best-in-class solutions and establishing Pocket Gems as a leader in interactive mobile space, creating new games that appeal to a wide audience of players. We are excited to be shaping and defining games as we know it on mobile!
What You'll Do:
- Work closely with UX designers, product managers, game designers, artists, and engineers from concept to execution on high-scope feature sets and design challenges
- Deliver excellent solutions that fit business and product goals while providing customer value and inspiring the team as a whole
- Thoughtfully break down and communicate recognized best practice user experiences to help the team succeed
- Work with other disciplines on establishing user centered design solutions, standards, and patterns for the team and studio always as an advocate for the user
- Help initiate and facilitate moderated and unmoderated user testing and report back findings to the team on prototypes and live products
What You Bring to the Design Team:
- A great portfolio of work showing
- evidence of advanced skills in user centred design thinking and problem solving (strategy and definition documents, user flows, wireframes, interactive prototypes, personas, usability evaluation, user research, user testing etc)
- examples of games, mobile applications, software applications, and/or interactive spaces
- 5+ years of production experience as a UX designer, interaction designer, product designer or similar
- Experience having shipped at least 1 game as a key contributor in UX
- An appreciation for the iterative nature of the design process
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative user research methodologies
- Ability to autonomously drive the design and implementation of large features
- A strong sense of ownership and excellent communication skills, including mentoring other designers, with a passion for great execution
- Expert-level experience using various prototyping and design software
- Up-to-date knowledge on the latest industry mobile design trends and patterns
- The ability to play games and understand a gamer’s mind
Extra Gems For:
- Experience creating user interfaces to compliment your design solutions
- Experience working with Unity
- Experience with mobile game front-end development and implementation
Read more about what we’ve been up to!
At Pocket Gems, we're building teams that value originality, inclusivity, and accountability -- and we hope to engage with talent based on these and other core values. We also offer competitive perks, such as flexible vacation, 401k matching, and a generous benefits package,