Pocket Gems seeks to build the greatest mobile games and most compelling interactive entertainment in the world. That’s the mission our founders began with, in an apartment above a pizza shop back in 2009, and it continues to inspire us today. Since then, we’ve grown to over 200 people headquartered in San Francisco, and with $155 million in backing from Sequoia Capital and Tencent, we’re constantly breaking new ground in mobile entertainment.
Our products have been downloaded over 500 million times by players around the world and have grossed over $1 billion in revenue. We continue to release brand new content for Episode, a mobile storytelling network and platform, and War Dragons, a visually stunning 3D real-time strategy game.
As our community of players continues to grow, we’re committed to building diverse and inclusive environments across our teams, and in our games.
As a summer Software Engineer Intern, you will be a part of a small intern cohort, paired with an experienced software engineering mentor, collaborating cross-functionally with teams including other software engineers, product managers, artists, and designers to define our next generation of mobile games. During our 10-week program, our interns are meaningful contributors to our live products, leaving the summer having made a tangible impact on their team while gaining technical and professional skills to set them up for future success!
*IMPORTANT NOTE*: We intend to host our 2022 Summer Internship at our headquarters in San Francisco, however, our teams’ safety comes first and given the unpredictable nature of the recent pandemic we are prepared to host a remote program if conditions are unsafe to return to the office.
What You’ll Help Us to Accomplish:
- Develop and code innovative features using groundbreaking technologies
- Enjoy the freedom of writing native applications while exploring the latest cross-platform technologies
- Participate in all aspects of the project life-cycle, from ideation to specification to release
- Design and implement scalable, reliable and maintainable technologies for our iOS and Android gaming platforms
- Work with innovative, great, fun people!
What You Bring to [the team]:
- Working toward a BA, BS, or MS in Computer Science or related technical discipline and graduating Winter 2022 or Spring 2023
- Solid foundation in computer science, with exceptional competencies in data structures, algorithms, software design and OOP
- Passion and excitement for solving interesting problems and building great products!
- Prior mobile/gaming experience is NOT required
- A full calendar of events to get to learn from your fellow interns, and have a great summer
- Weekly training sessions to expand your insights from fellow Gemmers and industry veterans
Read more about what we’ve been up to!
At Pocket Gems, we're building teams that value originality, inclusivity, and accountability -- and we hope to engage with talent based on these and other core values. We also offer competitive perks, such as flexible vacation, 401k matching, and a generous benefits package,