Pocket Gems seeks to build the greatest mobile games and most compelling interactive entertainment in the world. That’s the mission our founders began with, in an apartment above a pizza shop back in 2009, and it continues to inspire us today. Since then, we’ve grown to over 200 people headquartered in San Francisco, and with $155 million in backing from Sequoia Capital and Tencent, we’re constantly breaking new ground in mobile entertainment.
Our products have been downloaded over 500 million times by players around the world and have grossed over $1 billion in revenue. We continue to release brand new content for Episode, a mobile storytelling network and platform, and War Dragons, a visually stunning 3D real-time strategy game.
As our community of players continues to grow, we’re committed to building diverse and inclusive environments across our teams, and in our games.
As a Senior Designer - Empire New Projects, you’ll help us design, build, and iterate on prototypes of free-to-play mobile Strategy games that will appeal to a broader audience than ever before.
What We’ve Accomplished:
- Developed and launched War Dragons, bringing thrilling 3D battles and a uniquely exciting play experience to mobile strategy games.
- Grew War Dragons to a top 25 grossing app on the Apple App Store, garnering over 30 million downloads.
- Developed multiple new game projects in development that are in various stages of testing!
What You'll Do:
- Drive the design and execution of new prototypes of strategy games that appeal to broad audiences.
- Work in an environment that requires strong problem solving skills and independent self-direction
- Iterate rapidly on those prototypes based on feedback from playtests, user tests, and data collection
- Design and implement new features for the most successful prototypes we create and ultimately, launch a new game
- Pitch ideas for new game prototypes
What You Bring to the Design Team:
- You have 2 or more years experience as a mobile game designer, preferably in successful free-to-play mobile strategy games.
- You can use the Unity editor and Unity tools to implement game content.
- Up to date with current trends in free-to-play mobile games and understand the pros and cons of the decisions that different games make.
- Enjoy mid-core mobile game experiences - Strategy, 4X, MMO, Build & Battle, RPG.
- Open to constant feedback that helps you make your game prototypes better.
- You can build game prototypes in Unity without engineering help.
- Specific experience in at least one of the following:
- Strategy / 4X games
- Build & Battle games
- MMO games
- Role-playing games
- Startup experience
- Engineering/software development
Read more about what we’ve been up to!
At Pocket Gems, we're building teams that value originality, inclusivity, and accountability -- and we hope to engage with talent based on these and other core values. We also offer competitive perks, such as flexible vacation, 401k matching, and a generous benefits package,