Pocket Gems seeks to build the greatest mobile games and most compelling interactive entertainment in the world. That’s the mission our founders began with, in an apartment above a pizza shop back in 2009, and it continues to inspire us today. Since then, we’ve grown to over 200 people headquartered in San Francisco, and with $155 million in backing from Sequoia Capital and Tencent, we’re constantly breaking new ground in mobile entertainment.
Our products have been downloaded over 500 million times by players around the world and have grossed over $1 billion in revenue. We continue to release brand new content for Episode, a mobile storytelling network and platform, and War Dragons, a visually stunning 3D real-time strategy game.
As our community of players continues to grow, we’re committed to building diverse and inclusive environments across our teams, and in our games.
As a Software Engineer at Pocket Gems, you will develop and code innovative features using groundbreaking technologies while making world class games. Help us continue to be leaders in mobile entertainment, while being able to show your family and friends the games you make!
What You’ll Do:
- Collaborate closely in small, nimble, cross-functional teams with product managers, artists and designers to define our next generation of games
- Participate in all aspects of the project life-cycle, from ideation to specification to release
- Design and implement scalable, reliable, and maintainable technologies for our iOS and Android gaming platforms
What You Bring to the Engineering Team:
- 0-2 years of professional experience
- BA, BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science or related technical discipline
- Solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, software design, and OOP
- Programming experience in one or more of the following: C/C++, C#, Objective-C, Java, Python
- Note: Prior mobile/gaming experience is NOT required
Extra Gems for:
- Programming experience in Mobile Software Development (iOS, Android) or Unity
- You love games and mobile entertainment!
Read more about what we’ve been up to!
At Pocket Gems, we're building teams that value originality, inclusivity, and accountability -- and we hope to engage with talent based on these and other core values. We also offer competitive perks, such as flexible vacation, 401k matching, and a generous benefits package,