Pocket Gems seeks to build the greatest mobile games and most compelling interactive entertainment in the world. That’s the mission our founders began with, in an apartment above a pizza shop back in 2009, and it continues to inspire us today. Since then, we’ve grown to over 200 people headquartered in San Francisco, and with $155 million in backing from Sequoia Capital and Tencent, we’re constantly breaking new ground in mobile entertainment.
Our products have been downloaded over 500 million times by players around the world and have grossed over $1 billion in revenue. We continue to release brand new content for Episode, a mobile storytelling network and platform, and War Dragons, a visually stunning 3D real-time strategy game.
As our community of players continues to grow, we’re committed to building diverse and inclusive environments across our teams, and in our games.
As a Player Experience Specialist you will oversee our War Dragons support desk, execute our core internal processes and programs, and manage all communication with our community. This is a great role for someone who is passionate about games and creating the best possible experience for players. This role is a part of our Empire Track, which develops strategy-based games, including fantasy and world-building. Over time there is also an opportunity to contribute to a new project team focused on early development projects with RPG and/or 3D combat elements.
Note: This role is open to remote employment for those who reside in California,Washington State, Colorado and Texas.
What We’ve Accomplished:
- Built a 24/7 global support operation with industry leading metrics
- Created strong player-driven feedback systems to help guide development processes
- Partnered with leadership teams to drive key retention projects
What You’ll Do:
- Work with our team of player support representatives to ensure that performance meets metric goals and quality standards
- Run internal processes to deliver efficient, responsive, and high-quality player support.
- Partner with product teams to advocate for players in upcoming product roadmaps
- Use data and analytics, in combination with qualitative review, to report on the health of player support systems and work with cross-functional partners on issue resolution
- Be a visible presence on our forums; interact with players and work with our moderation team when needed
- Advocate for our players while balancing the needs and best interests of our business
What You’ll Bring to the Team:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- At least 2 years in a Customer Support or equivalent role
- Strong cross-functional relationship building skills
- Strong organizational, verbal and written communication skills and ability to multitask
- Understanding of customer support performance metrics and optimization strategies. Able to identify trends anecdotally and prove them quantitatively
- Previous experience with Customer Support tools such as Zendesk, Sprout Social, or equivalent tools
Extra Gems for:
- Knowledge of industry tools and processes (JIRA, Agile methodology, etc)
- Knowledge of SQL
Colorado Residents Only: In Colorado, the minimum salary for this position is $49,000. Please note that this information is only provided publicly for candidates in Colorado, but the role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
#LI-Remote #WA #CA #TX #CO
Read more about what we’ve been up to!
At Pocket Gems, we're building teams that value originality, inclusivity, and accountability -- and we hope to engage with talent based on these and other core values. We also offer competitive perks, such as flexible vacation, 401k matching, and a generous benefits package,