Pocket Gems seeks to build the greatest mobile games and most compelling interactive entertainment in the world. That’s the mission our founders began with, in an apartment above a pizza shop back in 2009, and it continues to inspire us today. Since then, we’ve grown to over 200 people headquartered in San Francisco, and with $155 million in backing from Sequoia Capital and Tencent, we’re constantly breaking new ground in mobile entertainment.
Our products have been downloaded over 500 million times by players around the world and have grossed over $1 billion in revenue. We continue to release brand new content for Episode, a mobile storytelling network and platform, and War Dragons, a visually stunning 3D real-time strategy game.
As our community of players continues to grow, we’re committed to building diverse and inclusive environments across our teams, and in our games.
This role is a part of our Empire Track, focusing on our game War Dragons. As QA Manager for the War Dragons team, you will be responsible for ensuring the quality of the product. You will collaborate with product management, engineering, and story leads to ensure that your team understands the product requirements and player experience. You will then drive your team to create effective test strategies and plans, to execute those tests, and then to analyze results and communicate release readiness.
What We’ve Accomplished:
- Created solid processes for test planning and execution, as well as release criteria and management.
- Built effective offshore QA teams, and established metrics to validate test effectiveness.
What You’ll Do:
- Drive development of test plans and test strategies for game features and content (yes, we still get our hands on the game!)
- Create, measure and assess team objectives and key results.
- Hire, develop and retain top QA talent for the team.
- Drive continuous growth of the team’s QA craft.
- Develop effective tools and processes to improve coverage and efficiency of testing.
- Manage offshore QA vendors to ensure effective and efficient testing.
What You Bring to the QA team:
- 6+ years of Functional QA experience, 3+ years as a QA Manager, including strong experience in Mobile Game development.
- Experience driving the development of automated tests and their implementation.
- Proven track record demonstrating the ability to attract, hire, motivate and develop the best QA team members.
- Highly organized, creative, motivated, and passionate about achieving results.
- Experience working in Agile/Scrum development environments.
- Experience managing both onshore and offshore QA teams.
- Experience with creating, measuring, and monitoring QA Metrics.
- BA/BS in a technical or business field, or equivalent on-the-job experience in Software QA.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Extra Gems For:
- Operating games as a service live operations model.
- Performance Testing experience.
Read more about what we’ve been up to!
At Pocket Gems, we're building teams that value originality, inclusivity, and accountability -- and we hope to engage with talent based on these and other core values. We also offer competitive perks, such as flexible vacation, 401k matching, and a generous benefits package,