Pocket Gems seeks to build the greatest mobile games and most compelling interactive entertainment in the world. That’s the mission our founders began with, in an apartment above a pizza shop back in 2009, and it continues to inspire us today. Since then, we’ve grown to over 200 people in San Francisco, and with $155 million in backing from Sequoia Capital and Tencent, we’re constantly breaking new ground in mobile entertainment.
Our products have been downloaded over 500 million times by players around the world and have generated over $1 billion in bookings. In recent years, we’ve launched Episode, a mobile storytelling network and platform, and War Dragons, a visually stunning 3D real-time strategy game.
As our community of players continues to grow, we’re committed to building diverse and inclusive environments across our teams, and in our games.
As a Senior Accountant on the Finance team, you will play a leading role in all aspects of accounting operations, as well as influencing and leading various projects as we scale. You’ll ‘roll up your sleeves’ to own the preparation of our financial statements and help implement scalable systems and efficient processes. You should be a team player and have an excellent ability to prioritize, all while helping your teammates develop and grow at Pocket Gems.
NOTE: This role is welcome to be remote in California,Washington State, or Texas.
What You'll Do:
- Be the expert on critical accounting operations, including but not limited to general ledger, revenue recognition, royalties, and consolidation
- Own the preparation and review of journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, and supporting models as a leader in the monthly close process
- Research and resolve technical accounting issues, including drafting documentation
- Work cross functionally with various functions to produce financial statements and analyses that will help manage their cost structure
- Lead the production of PBC’s and financial statements for the annual audit (Big 4 firm) and manage the field work phase(s)
- Develop expertise with the new Intacct GL system and design and implement new tools that meet Pocket Gems’ evolving business model and culture
- Help supervise more junior teammates and ramp them up on new responsibilities
- Ad hoc analyses and projects as needed
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- 4 - 6 years of total accounting experience, with increasing levels of responsibilities
- Active CPA license preferred; should have at least passed all parts of the CPA exam
- A hands-on approach and strong attention to details
- Advanced knowledge of Excel - you should enjoy spreadsheets
- Solid understanding of GAAP accounting concepts
- Ability to thrive in a fast-growing environment - we’re a startup and are continuing to grow; this requires strong multi-tasking skills and the flexibility to quickly switch from one project to the next
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Extra Gems For:
- Interest in mobile gaming
- Masters degree in Accounting
#LI-Remote #CA #TX #WA
Read more about what we’ve been up to!
At Pocket Gems, we're building teams that value originality, inclusivity, and accountability. While we believe we offer competitive perks, such as annual bonuses, unlimited PTO, 401k matching, and a generous benefits package, we hope to engage with talent based on our core values.