Pocket Gems seeks to build the greatest mobile games and most compelling interactive entertainment in the world. That’s the mission our founders began with, in an apartment above a pizza shop back in 2009, and it continues to inspire us today. Since then, we’ve grown to over 200 people in San Francisco, and with $155 million in backing from Sequoia Capital and Tencent, we’re constantly breaking new ground in mobile entertainment.
Our products have been downloaded over 500 million times by players around the world and have generated over $1 billion in bookings. In recent years, we’ve launched Episode, a mobile storytelling network and platform, and War Dragons, a visually stunning 3D real-time strategy game.
As our community of players continues to grow, we’re committed to building diverse and inclusive environments across our teams, and in our games.
As a Senior Technical Recruiter, you will partner with Engineering leadership across all game teams to manage and execute on hiring strategies. You will create and oversee a thoughtful partnership and growth effort. This is a high impact role where you’ll own full-cycle recruiting, drive and execute sourcing strategies, and deliver on strategic initiatives. Our ideal teammate is someone who: cares deeply about our team, candidates, and hiring partners, acts inclusively by recognizing their own biases and being open-minded, and takes ownership in being proactive and accountable.
Note: This role is open to remote employment for those who reside in California,Washington State, Colorado and Texas.
What You’ll Do:
- Partner with the Engineering team to drive full life-cycle recruiting processes
- Identify and engage candidates against high priority senior roles while providing an excellent candidate experience from first touch through offer stages
- Utilize a data-driven approach and share your insights to drive hiring decisions, deep search strategies and messaging campaigns
- Proactively identify gaps to continually worked towards an inclusive and thoughtful interview process
- Support our rising team members through mentorship and guidance
- Maintain a strong acumen of the talent market, trends, and competitive landscape to drive strategies
What You Bring to the Recruiting Team:
- 8-10+ years experience (at minimum 4 years as an in-house tech recruiter)
- Experience mentoring and/or managing junior team members
- Ability to drive discussions and act as a thought partner to engineers and hiring managers
- Proven track record of being able to source and hire senior engineers
- Ability to shift focus and priorities, iterating quickly to do the best thing for our candidates and our team
- Experience managing and prioritizing multiple searches, projects and relationships
- Ability to execute recruiting strategies, including candidate management, diversity sourcing, and process management
- Ability to balance insights with creativity and iteration to continually strive for an improved and inclusive process
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Bachelor’s degree required
Extra Gems for:
- Experience in a startup environment or gaming/entertainment industry
- Experience using Gem CRM and Greenhouse ATS
Colorado Residents Only: In Colorado, the minimum salary for this position is $130,000. Please note that this information is only provided publicly for candidates in Colorado, but the role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
#LI-Remote #CA #WA #TX #CO
Read more about what we’ve been up to!
At Pocket Gems, we're building teams that value originality, inclusivity, and accountability. While we believe we offer competitive perks, such as annual bonuses, unlimited PTO, 401k matching, and a generous benefits package, we hope to engage with talent based on our core values.