Pocket Gems seeks to build the greatest mobile games and most compelling interactive entertainment in the world. That’s the mission our founders began with, in an apartment above a pizza shop back in 2009, and it continues to inspire us today. Since then, we’ve grown to over 200 people in San Francisco, and with $155 million in backing from Sequoia Capital and Tencent, we’re constantly breaking new ground in mobile entertainment.
Our products have been downloaded over 500 million times by players around the world and have generated over $1 billion in bookings. In recent years, we’ve launched Episode, a mobile storytelling network and platform, and War Dragons, a visually stunning 3D real-time strategy game.
As our community of players continues to grow, we’re committed to building diverse and inclusive environments across our teams, and in our games.
As a QA Analyst for War Dragons, you’ll be part of the team pushing the mobile frontier - testing in the most responsive, polished and flexible gaming environments. You’ll also be tackling exciting testing challenges, verifying continuously updated content, helping to create the best mobile testing tools, and working with mobile engineers who crave and appreciate each of your bugs - imagine that! And, you will have a seat at the table when designing and enhancing our games - we love great ideas and don't care where they come from.
Please note that this would start off as a 6 month project with a potential to convert full-time. This role is open to remote employment for those who reside in California or Washington State.
What You’ll Do:
- Create test cases and test plans with a mastery of QA methodologies
- Write relevant, actionable, and reproducible bug reports that stand up to withering scrutiny
- Be a strong proponent of quality and process to the War Dragons team
- Collaborate effectively with Engineers, Product Managers, and Designers to develop features
- Work with War Dragons pod members to manage features from concept to execution. This will include writing test cases, creating test plans, triaging bugs, and owning the overall test execution for that feature
- Recognize process deficiencies and drive improvements
What You Bring to the QA Team:
- 3+ years of experience working in the software development industry, including significant Mobile Gaming QA experience
- User-level experience with iPhone and/or Android
- Familiarity with manual black-box testing
- Critical thinking, excellent communication, and leadership skills
- A strong work ethic
- An ability to create and enforce processes
- Exceptional time management skills and ability to prioritize multiple parallel tasks well
- A love for creating delightful gaming experiences for millions of players
Extra Gems for:
Experience developing automated test scripts using tools such as Selenium Webdriver/Appium, including coding in Python or similar language.
Read more about what we’ve been up to!
At Pocket Gems, we're building teams that value originality, inclusivity, and accountability. While we believe we offer competitive perks, such as annual bonuses, unlimited PTO, 401k matching, and a generous benefits package, we hope to engage with talent based on our core values.