Pocket Gems seeks to build the greatest mobile games and most compelling interactive entertainment in the world. That’s the mission our founders began with, in an apartment above a pizza shop back in 2009, and it continues to inspire us today. Since then, we’ve grown to over 200 people headquartered in San Francisco, and with $155 million in backing from Sequoia Capital and Tencent, we’re constantly breaking new ground in mobile entertainment.
Our products have been downloaded over 500 million times by players around the world and have grossed over $1 billion in revenue. We continue to release brand new content for Episode, a mobile storytelling network and platform, and War Dragons, a visually stunning 3D real-time strategy game.
As our community of players continues to grow, we’re committed to building diverse and inclusive environments across our teams, and in our games.
As a Unity Gameplay Engineer, you'll work closely with designers, artists, and product managers in cross-functional teams to develop gameplay features. You’ll be a foundational member of a team that’s working on bringing an innovative new game to market.
Note: This role is open to remote employment for those who reside in California,Washington State, Colorado and Texas.
What You’ll Do:
- Collaborate with designers to bring new and improved game features from ideas to reality
- Contribute your individual knowledge and independent research to produce solutions with the right game-feel
- Design and implement game features and rework current functionality producing high-performing reusable code
What You Bring to Engineering Team:
- 5+ years of engineering experience working on games
- 3+ years of Unity experience as part of a team with other Unity engineers
- Fluent in C#
- Strong communication skills toward all team functions — designers, artists, and other engineers
- Strong sense of ownership in start-to-finish delivery of game features
- Passion for games and deep understanding of game mechanics
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Extra Gems For:
- Prior mobile development experience
- Worked on major game titles
- Experience optimizing or rewriting major systems
Colorado Residents Only: In Colorado, the minimum salary for this position is $133,000. Please note that this information is only provided publicly for candidates in Colorado, but the role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
#LI-Remote #WA #CA #TX #CO
Read more about what we’ve been up to!
At Pocket Gems, we're building teams that value originality, inclusivity, and accountability -- and we hope to engage with talent based on these and other core values. We also offer competitive perks, such as flexible vacation, 401k matching, and a generous benefits package,