Pocket Gems seeks to build the greatest mobile games and most compelling interactive entertainment in the world. That’s the mission our founders began with, in an apartment above a pizza shop back in 2009, and it continues to inspire us today. Since then, we’ve grown to over 200 people in San Francisco, and with $155 million in backing from Sequoia Capital and Tencent, we’re constantly breaking new ground in mobile entertainment.
Our products have been downloaded over 500 million times by players around the world and have generated over $1 billion in bookings. In recent years, we’ve launched Episode, a mobile storytelling network and platform, and War Dragons, a visually stunning 3D real-time strategy game.
As our community of players continues to grow, we’re committed to building diverse and inclusive environments across our teams, and in our games.
As Pocket Gems’ IT Support Analyst, you will be responsible for addressing our company’s individual and collective IT needs. You will join a three-person team and be responsible for supporting our network and device management infrastructure, managing and automating our internal helpdesk, and improving internal processes. You should be extremely flexible, ready to tackle new challenges, comfortable working in a startup environment, and a great team player eager to collaborate and innovate within the mobile entertainment industry.
*Please note this is a six month temporary assignment with potential for permanent employment*
What We’ve Accomplished:
- Cloud migration of Mobile device management tools
- Upgrading phone system to VOIP for improved user experience
- Metrics report demonstrating SLA performance over time
What You’ll Do:
- Provide world class internal support on laptops, peripherals and accounts including setting up, configuring, and tracking machines
- Provide first level support of computer problems and set Return merchandise authorization requests as needed
- Work within and improve upon our JIRA-based ticketing system
- Follow and maintain documentation with an eye to process improvement
- Develop and implement more efficient workflows for the team
- Identify and explore new technologies which will help enhance the overall IT function
What You Bring to the IT Team:
- 1-2 years in an IT support role with a strong customer service orientation
- Experience maintaining Windows and Mac computers
- Understanding of OSI model and layers
- Experience administrating company-wide tools or services
- Comfortable with cloud-based SAAS environments and Google products
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Familiarity with mobile device management tools
Extra Gems for:
- Previous experience working in tech startups and/or the gaming industry
- Experience with VMware Workspace One, JAMF Pro, G-suite, Unity
- Automation experience, bash scripting experience
- Experience deploying and customizing JIRA projects
Read more about what we’ve been up to!
At Pocket Gems, we're building teams that value originality, inclusivity, and accountability. While we believe we offer competitive perks, such as annual bonuses, unlimited PTO, 401k matching, and a generous benefits package, we hope to engage with talent based on our core values.