Pocket Gems seeks to build the greatest mobile games and most compelling interactive entertainment in the world. That’s the mission our founders began with, in an apartment above a pizza shop back in 2009, and it continues to inspire us today. Since then, we’ve grown to over 200 people headquartered in San Francisco, and with $155 million in backing from Sequoia Capital and Tencent, we’re constantly breaking new ground in mobile entertainment.
Our products have been downloaded over 500 million times by players around the world and have grossed over $1 billion in revenue. We continue to release brand new content for Episode, a mobile storytelling network and platform, and War Dragons, a visually stunning 3D real-time strategy game.
As our community of players continues to grow, we’re committed to building diverse and inclusive environments across our teams, and in our games.
The Pocket Gems People Operations team focuses on creating an inspiring place to work while maintaining an atmosphere of creativity, fun and productivity. As the People Ops Manager you will be hands-on, and able to flex from strategic to tactical work while being a thoughtful leader. With your depth of Human Resources expertise, you’ll provide coaching, support, and development within the People Ops Team, and with key stakeholders throughout the organization. Areas of focus will include performance management, employee relations, and change management.
What We’ve Recently Accomplished:
- We partnered on meaningful reactions to the recent incidents of, and protests around, racial injustice in the U.S. - including a company-wide meeting to share personal reactions and declare company actions (such as highlighting Black creators voices), and setting up and running the first charitable match in PG history.
- We rolled out a continuous feedback process via Lattice to further enable developing a strong culture of feedback.
What You’ll Do:
- Be a strategic business partner to game teams and functional leadership, while continuously finding ways to increase managerial impact
- Proactively and thoughtfully address employee relations issues individually and programatically
- Develop and maintain scalable programs including performance management, continuous feedback, and employee engagement
- Mentor a team of People Ops Generalists to drive effective Human Resources processes including benefits, compliance / policy management, and immigration
What You Bring To The Team:
- 7+ years of hands on Human Resources experience in tech or similar industry including 2+ years of management experience.
- Strong Human Resources functional expertise in employee relations, total rewards, and performance management
- Deep analytical expertise and the ability to use data to drive Human Resources decisions
- Knowledgeable on employment law matters
- Experience managing compliance (e.g. audits, EEO) and ability to effectively minimize risk
- The ability to work effectively with all stakeholders and to build relationships at all levels of the organization
- Comfortable as a “hands-on” leader and willing to roll up your sleeves to get things done
- BA/BS degree is required
Extra gems for:
- Human Resources project management experience
- Experience leading remote teams
- Interest in Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- Familiarity with immigration (Visa & Green Card processes)
Read more about what we’ve been up to!
At Pocket Gems, we're building teams that value originality, inclusivity, and accountability -- and we hope to engage with talent based on these and other core values. We also offer competitive perks, such as flexible vacation, 401k matching, and a generous benefits package,