Episode is an interactive entertainment platform created by Pocket Gems, a leading mobile entertainment company backed by Tencent and Sequoia Capital. Episode aims to define storytelling for the 2+ billion people on mobile with animated, interactive stories that are part TV, novel, movie, and mobile game. Since launching in 2014, users have viewed over 4 billion episodes across 73,000+ stories. Over 8 million storytellers have signed up to create their own stories, including award-winning screenwriters and published novelists. Episode also partners with major studios and industry stars to create stories such as Mean Girls: Senior Year, Demi Lovato: Path to Fame, Clueless: School’s Out, Pitch Perfect In Deep Treble, and Pretty Little Liars.
To help us define the future of storytelling on mobile, we are looking for a marketing rockstar to help us get Episode in front of millions of users around the world. As an Associate performance Marketing Manager, you are a partner to the Episode product team, helping them understand the market and audience for their product and informing decisions that help us build the best product in market. In this role, your responsibilities will include: producing video/display advertising, analyzing market data, performing customer surveys and research, and developing product positioning and go-to-market plans. You will also help shape Episode’s brand identity and its communication/presentation anywhere it appears outside of Episode including video/tv advertising, PR messaging, and social media.
This position represents an ideal role for experienced marketing candidates who can combine strong analytical ability, creative and business judgment, and interpersonal skills.
- Produce innovative, memorable, and effective video and display advertising in partnership with agencies & Episode’s creative team
- Perform market and customer research, and develop insights that will help shape our product
- Help identify new sources of data and methodologies that can help expand our product marketing toolkit
- Support the development of product positioning statements and brand identity, influence production of ad creatives that are consistent across channels and resonate with players
- Create go-to-market strategies and work with key functional stakeholders to execute on them and measure their performance
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 1-3 years as a functional expert in marketing, working in a top-tier entertainment & media company or creative agency (e.g. Netflix, MTV)
- Strong understanding and empathy towards Episode’s current user base. Experience marketing products targeting millennial women a strong plus.
- Strong creative ability
- Self-starter with good time management and multitasking abilities and high attention to detail
- Understanding of online / mobile advertising and related metrics
- Experience working with creative agencies or media buying agencies is a strong plus
- Exceptional analytical skills and experience working in a metrics-driven organization
- Equally comfortable at big picture thinking and hands-on execution. Experience and interest in driving both strategic planning as well as operations
- Strong Excel skills; experience with SQL a plus
Pocket Gems offers top-notch benefits, including Anthem PPO, Kaiser health plans, and free One Medical membership. We cover 100% of the cost of employees’ Medical, Dental and Vision premiums (and 75% of the cost for their dependents), as well as short and long-term disability, and life insurance. We also offer flex spending & dependent care accounts, pre-tax commuter benefits and a 401(k) match. Pocket Gems is located in beautiful downtown San Francisco, one block North of the Montgomery Street BART station.
Pocket Gems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.