Episode is a mobile animated interactive storytelling network and marketplace created by Pocket Gems, a leading mobile entertainment and games company. Episode empowers storytellers to create mobile-first stories, aiming to define storytelling for the 2+ billion people on mobile with stories that are part TV, novel, movie, and mobile game. Since launching in 2014, readers have read over 2 billion episodes and over 4 million storytellers have signed up to create their own stories, including award-winning screenwriters and published novelists. Episode also partners with major studios and industry stars to create stories such as Mean Girls: Senior Year and Demi Lovato: Path to Fame. Episode has been featured in Entertainment Weekly (http://bit.ly/1OvbJTe), and Wired (http://wrd.cm/1uGhzCS), just to name a few.
We are looking for a writer interested in interactive storytelling, with experience in designing compelling choices within narrative branching games, literature or other media. This position will work with the team behind the recent hits Mean Girls: Senior Year and Demi Lovato: Path to Fame, to design narrative branches for the Episode platform.
WHO ARE YOU?
- Passionate about creating interactive stories and designing compelling content.
- Have a deep understanding of narrative structure, character development and player/character motivation in story.
- Experience designing compelling choices and interactions within interactive fiction and narratively branching games.
- A collaborator; each story has a team of 2-6 people, who work together in service of the story. You must be a team player and put the story before your own work.
- Passionate about the iterative process and incorporating notes and feedback.
- Able to match tone and voice of characters in a story created by a second party.
- A perfectionist; can deliver professional, releasable content on tight deadlines.
- PREFERRED: Formal education in screenwriting, creative writing or copywriting.
WHAT ARE YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES?
- You’ll be paired with a writer and story lead to design compelling interactive choices within a story.
- From a completed story, you’ll use proprietary tools to create the visual layout of the narrative choices to enhance the interactive quality of the story.
- You’ll work with the story lead and writer to iterate on each draft of the episode.
- This is a project-based contract position.
- To apply, please submit your resume and a sample of your work (e.g. links to clips of films or games you’ve worked on, scripts you’ve written, etc.).
***Please note, we will not review your application without a writing sample or portfolio.***