Pocket Gems, a leading mobile entertainment company backed by Sequoia Capital and Tencent, is breaking new ground with graphically rich mobile games, fun new genres of mobile entertainment, and innovative technologies like our mobile-first Mantis Engine. Profitable since launch in 2009, the company has grown to over 200 employees. Pocket Gems’ games have been downloaded over 250 million times by players around the world. Our ideal candidates enjoy a work environment that requires strong problem solving skills and independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication.
Our Platform team works on a cross-platform technology that allows iOS apps to run on Android automatically, without extensive changes to the original Objective-C or C++ code. This platform has been battle tested with several top grossing apps we’ve shipped on Google Play Store to millions of users.
As part of our Platform team, in a given week you’ll:
- Master a build system
- Integrate third-party libraries,
- Add support for latest objective-c features
- Crush bugs
- Build abstractions that enable other teams to write platform agnostic code
Our Platform team works closely with our App teams, so you’ll quickly see your work in the hands of millions of users.
- 3+ year(s) of practical experience in shipping major iOS apps and/or developing cross-platform technologies
- Experience with build systems and cross-compiling toolchains
- Strong knowledge of OpenGL ES, Objective-C, C++ (or related tech/languages)
- Working knowledge of Android Java APIs, JNI, NDK preferred
- Familiarity with any of these Open Source projects is a plus - GNUstep, CFLite, Cocotron, Clang, cocos2d
Pocket Gems offers top-notch benefits, including a Premiere PPO health plan. We cover 100% of the cost of employees’ Medical, Dental and Vision premiums (and 75% of the cost for their dependents), as well as short and long-term disability, and life insurance. We also offer flex spending & dependent care accounts, pre-tax commuter benefits and a 401(k) plan. Pocket Gems is located in beautiful downtown San Francisco, one block North of the Montgomery Street BART station.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.