Pocket Gems seeks to build the greatest games and most compelling interactive entertainment in the world. That’s the mission our founders began with in an apartment above a pizza shop back in 2009 and it continues to inspire us today. Since then, we’ve grown to over 200 people in San Francisco, and with $155 million in backing from Sequoia Capital and Tencent, we’re constantly breaking new ground in mobile entertainment.
Our products have been downloaded over 450 million times by players around the world. In recent years, we’ve launched Episode, a mobile storytelling network and platform, and War Dragons, a visually stunning 3D real-time strategy game.
As our community of players continues to grow, we’re committed to building diverse and inclusive environments across our teams, and in our games.
We are looking to add an Accounting Specialist to our Finance team. This is a flexible, remote telework position. As an Accounting Specialist, you will play an integral part in our accounting operations. You’ll roll up your sleeves to execute accounting transactions and provide excellent service to Pocket Gems’ partners and vendors. You should be a team player and have exceptional attention to detail.
*Note: This is a 6 month temp position with an opportunity to extend up to 12 months. Resident must reside in CA, CO, WA, or TX*
What We’ve Accomplished:
- In 2020, the Accounting team completed an upgrade to the Sage Intacct GL system
- As a result, key processes have been automated and financial reporting capabilities have improved significantly
What You’ll Do:
- Manage accounts payable and invoice processing in bill.com, including coding all invoices to the proper general ledger accounts and assigning the correct approvers
- Review and process all employee expense reports in Expensify, ensuring compliance with internal policies
- Respond to partner and vendor inquiries in a professional and timely manner through desk.com
- Send reminders to business unit managers and follow up with them concerning outstanding invoice approvals and inquiries
- Sync and reconcile bill.com and Expensify to the general ledger system
- Produce audit selections for the annual audit (Big 4 firm) and assist with field work
- File vendor contracts electronically and perform other administrative matters as requested
What You’ll Bring to the Team:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field or actively pursuing such a degree
- Accounting work experience is preferred but not required
- Very strong attention to detail
- Basic knowledge of Excel - you should enjoy spreadsheets
- Strong work ethic and discipline in working remotely / from home
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Extra Gems For:
- Interest in mobile gaming
- Having passed at least one part of the CPA exam
Read more about what we’ve been up to!
At Pocket Gems, we're building teams that value originality, inclusivity, and accountability. While we believe we offer competitive perks, such as annual bonuses, unlimited PTO, 401k matching, and a generous benefits package, we hope to engage with talent based on our core values.