Pocket Gems seeks to build the greatest games and most compelling interactive entertainment in the world. That’s the mission our founders began with in an apartment above a pizza shop back in 2009 and it continues to inspire us today. Since then, we’ve grown to over 200 people in San Francisco, and with $155 million in backing from Sequoia Capital and Tencent, we’re constantly breaking new ground in mobile entertainment.
Our products have been downloaded over 450 million times by players around the world. In recent years, we’ve launched Episode, a mobile storytelling network and platform, and War Dragons, a visually stunning 3D real-time strategy game.
As our community of players continues to grow, we’re committed to building diverse and inclusive environments across our teams, and in our games.
As an Office Coordinator on the People Operations team, you will tackle multiple tasks, projects, and day-to-day priorities in a fast-paced work environment. The ideal candidate has impeccable customer service, strong organizational skills, is a creative problem-solver, and adapts well to change. This is a great position for someone starting out in their career or looking to make a transition.
*Note: This is a temp to hire role. The role is not open to remote employment because of the nature of the job.
What We’ve Accomplished:
- We updated office policies and procedures to support employees working from home and coordinated fun virtual events to engage and connect remote employees. A recent engagement survey showed Gemmers were extremely positive on PGs response to the pandemic.
- We partnered on meaningful reactions to the recent incidents of, and protests around, racial injustice in the U.S. - including a company-wide meeting to share personal reactions and declare company actions (such as highlighting Black creators voices), and setting up and running the first charitable match in PG history.
What You’ll Do:
- Enable a positive and fun work environment that reinforces the company culture
- Anticipate and address employee requests and support, and operate the OM ticketing system
- Help coordinate and execute in-person and virtual events such as new hire lunch, weekly yoga, and clubs and events to bring together and connect our local and remote employees
- Assist in the planned return to office (RTO) as we adjust for a hybrid workplace - such as office layout planning, cleaning schedule, and work closely with PG teams to understand their needs as we RTO
- Support office re-opening from a limited return to full capacity - such as restarting vendors and contractors, and updating cleaning cadence
- Process invoices and credit card reconciliations for OM-related purchases
- Own distribution of mail and deliveries within the office
What You Bring to the Team:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1 to 2 years of professional experience required
- 1 year prior office, facilities, or admin experience preferred
- Positive and energetic personality, with a customer service orientation
- Strong organizational skills and excellent attention to detail
- Adaptable startup mindset; ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in Google programs, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
- Ability to handle physical tasks as needed (e.g., assembling and moving furniture)
- This is an office based role and the expectation is that the OM team works from our San Francisco corporate headquarters 5 days per week
- During Shelter in Place this requirement is more flexible, however you will still need to be within commuting distance of the office, and in person on a weekly basis
Extra Gems For:
- Basic Spanish speaking skills a plus
- A love for mobile entertainment or games
Read more about what we’ve been up to!
At Pocket Gems, we're building teams that value originality, inclusivity, and accountability. While we believe we offer competitive perks, such as annual bonuses, unlimited PTO, 401k matching, and a generous benefits package, we hope to engage with talent based on our core values.