Pocket Gems, a San Francisco based mobile game developer, is looking for a Staff Accountant.
This role will be very hands on and play an integral part in all aspects of accounting operations with opportunities to work on various projects as we scale. The ideal candidate will be someone who can roll up their sleeves to execute accounting operations and help implement scalable systems and efficient processes. The Staff Accountant should enjoy a fast-paced environment, be a team player and have an excellent ability to prioritize individual and team objectives while developing the accounting infrastructure at Pocket Gems.
- Execute on all aspects of accounting operations, with a focus on invoice processing and expense recognition
- Participate in the monthly close process by preparing journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations
- Produce PBC’s for the annual audit (Big 4 firm) and assist with field work
- Maintain and improve upon the current accounting infrastructure, ensuring that all financial systems and files stay in sync with the GL
- Assist with the development and implementation of new systems and internal controls that meet the Company’s evolving business model and culture
- Ad hoc analyses and projects as needed
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field
- 1-3 years of total accounting experience, with increasing levels of responsibilities
- Hands-on approach, extremely detail oriented
- Advanced knowledge of Excel. This is critical!
- Solid understanding of GAAP accounting concepts
- Ability to thrive in fast-growing environment where change is the norm; requires strong multi-tasking skills, and the flexibility to switch from one project to the next quickly
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interest in mobile gaming
Pocket Gems offers top-notch benefits, including a Premiere PPO health plan. We cover 100% of the cost of employees’ Medical, Dental and Vision premiums (and 75% of the cost for their dependents), as well as short and long-term disability, and life insurance. We also offer flex spending & dependent care accounts, pre-tax commuter benefits and a 401(k) plan. Pocket Gems is located in beautiful downtown San Francisco, one block North of the Montgomery Street BART station.