Pocket Gems seeks to build the greatest games and most compelling interactive entertainment in the world. That’s the mission our founders began with in an apartment above a pizza shop back in 2009 and it continues to inspire us today. Since then, we’ve grown to over 200 people in San Francisco, and with $155 million in backing from Sequoia Capital and Tencent, we’re constantly breaking new ground in mobile entertainment.
Our products have been downloaded over 450 million times by players around the world. In recent years, we’ve launched Episode, a mobile storytelling network and platform, and War Dragons, a visually stunning 3D real-time strategy game.
As our community of players continues to grow, we’re committed to building diverse and inclusive environments across our teams, and in our games.
As a Strategic Finance Analyst on the Finance team, you will be a critical thought partner to all business units throughout Pocket Gems. You will be responsible for contributing insights into our financial performance and making recommendations on strategic initiatives. You will also build scalable tools and systems because you get excited about efficiency and automation and want to guide our company’s investment decisions.
What We’ve Recently Accomplished:
- Created a budget framework for developing new games, holding prototype teams to deliverables within milestones by development phase to balance creativity with cash flow risk
- Forecasted three-statement financials and set KPI targets for FY 2021
What You’ll Do:
- Develop financial models that guide our strategic decision-making on revenue drivers, new R&D initiatives, and user acquisition, by assessing financial return and ROI
- Partner with and assist the game studios and teams in managing revenues and costs by assessing their informational needs and developing processes that address them
- Provide data-driven and in-depth financial analyses for decision-making across our teams and studios
- Track KPI trends and forecast the impact of new product initiatives, new user intake, and market trends
- Translate company goals into annual financial projections, backed by market data
What You Bring to the Finance team:
- 2 - 4 years of full-time experience within Finance and Data Analysis
- Expert financial modeling (Microsoft Excel) and scenario analysis skills
- Quantitative, analytical, and problem-solving skills and the ability to consider the impact of strategic business decisions
- The ability to work in a nimble environment and the desire to challenge the status-quo and drive improvements for Pocket Gems
- Bachelor’s Degree required
Extra Gems For:
- Experience within investment banking, consulting, FP&A, or corporate/operational finance
- Experience with SQL or Tableau
- A quantitative degree, such as Engineering, Science, Economics, Business or Math
- A passion for games
Read more about what we’ve been up to!
At Pocket Gems, we're building teams that value originality, inclusivity, and accountability. While we believe we offer competitive perks, such as annual bonuses, unlimited PTO, 401k matching, and a generous benefits package, we hope to engage with talent based on our core values.