Pocket Gems seeks to build the greatest games and most compelling interactive entertainment in the world. That’s the mission our founders began with in an apartment above a pizza shop back in 2009 and it continues to inspire us today. Since then, we’ve grown to over 200 people in San Francisco, and with $155 million in backing from Sequoia Capital and Tencent, we’re constantly breaking new ground in mobile entertainment.
Our products have been downloaded over 450 million times by players around the world. In recent years, we’ve launched Episode, a mobile storytelling network and platform, and War Dragons, a visually stunning 3D real-time strategy game.
As our community of players continues to grow, we’re committed to building diverse and inclusive environments across our teams, and in our games.
This is a temporary, contract role to cover parental leave. This role is in our Storytelling Track, which develops games and projects focused on narrative storytelling and character building. As a Player Experience and Community Specialist on the Storytelling team, you will oversee our support desk, execute our core internal processes and programs, and manage communication with our thriving community. This is a great role for someone who is passionate about creating the best possible experience for our diverse player community.
What We’ve Accomplished:
- Streamlined and automated more of our Support Desk and FAQ functionality
- Worked closely with our community to update our Community Code of Conduct
- Rolled out multi language Support
What You’ll Help Us to Accomplish:
- Work with our team of player support representatives to ensure that performance meets metric goals and quality standards
- Run and own internal processes to deliver efficient, responsive, and high-quality player support. Use data and analytics, in combination with qualitative review, to report on the health of player support systems
- Own and innovate on our communication with the Episode community, with specific focus on Instagram. Includes creating a variety of fresh, shareable and engaging content, building and managing content calendars for various social channels, and analyzing the impact of posts to guide future content direction
- Be a presence on our forum community; interact with players and work with our moderation team when needed
- Partner with product and development teams to advocate for players in upcoming product roadmaps. Coordinate with internal teams on feature releases and beta testing
- Support on additional projects as needed e.g. D&I initiatives, content guidelines and moderation
What You Bring to the team:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 2 - 4 years of relevant experience, including at least 1 year in a Customer Support role
- Strong organizational, verbal and written communication skills and ability to multitask
- Passion for great stories and characters, across multiple genres and formats
- Demonstrated interest in working with a diverse, young adult community
- Creative and strategic thinker, with a willingness to get your hands dirty
- Deep understanding and active use of Instagram, including comfort creating organic content
Extra Gems For:
- Photoshop skills or a background in graphic design
- Solid understanding of customer support performance metrics and optimization strategies. Able to identify trends anecdotally and prove them quantitatively
- Interest or experience in diversity and inclusion initiatives
Read more about what we’ve been up to!
Read more about what we’ve been up to!
At Pocket Gems, we're building teams that value originality, inclusivity, and accountability. While we believe we offer competitive perks, such as annual bonuses, unlimited PTO, 401k matching, and a generous benefits package, we hope to engage with talent based on our core values.