Episode is a mobile storytelling network and platform created by Pocket Gems. Episode aims to define storytelling for the 2+ billion people on mobile with animated, interactive stories that are part TV, novel, movie, and mobile game. Since launching in 2014, users have viewed over 2.5 billion episodes (equivalent of ~47,000 years) across 45,000+ stories. Over 5.5 million storytellers have signed up to create their own stories, including award-winning screenwriters and published novelists. Episode also partners with major studios and industry stars to create stories such as Mean Girls: Senior Year, Demi Lovato: Path to Fame, and Pretty Little Liars.
- Identify additional revenue streams and marketing opportunities for Episode
- Create business plans and proposals for new projects and opportunities
- Pitch new partnerships to potential business partners
- Negotiate partnerships with companies in a variety of industries
- Build relationships with potential new business partners
- Work across product and engineering teams to execute on new opportunities
- Balance multiple projects at once and prioritize the highest value projects without sacrificing relationships
- Bachelor’s degree required. MBA or advanced degree a plus
- Experience working in at least one of the following:
- Business development at a top-tier entertainment & media company or agency (e.g. MTV, Netflix, CAA, WME)
- Strategy consulting or finance (banking, PE, or VC)
- Passion for great storytelling and for Episode’s vision and current audience
- Entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to take ideas and run with them through to the finish, and are excited to build new relationships with people and companies outside your domain
- Strong execution skills with experience leading cross functional teams to deliver exceptional results on multiple axis of time, quality, and cost
- Ability to communicate complicated ideas in a clear and succinct manner that motivates its listeners
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and get things done
Pocket Gems offers top-notch benefits, including Anthem PPO, Kaiser health plans, and free One Medical membership. We cover 100% of the cost of employees’ Medical, Dental and Vision premiums (and 75% of the cost for their dependents), as well as short and long-term disability, and life insurance. We also offer flex spending & dependent care accounts, pre-tax commuter benefits and a 401(k) plan. Pocket Gems is located in beautiful downtown San Francisco, one block North of the Montgomery Street BART station.
Pocket Gems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.