Pocket Gems wants to build the greatest games and interactive entertainment in the world. That’s the mission our founders began with in an apartment above a pizza shop back in 2009 and we continue it today.
Pocket Gems has grown to over 250 people in San Francisco. With $155 million in backing from Sequoia Capital and Tencent, we’re constantly breaking new ground with graphically rich mobile games, fun new genres of mobile entertainment, and innovative technologies like our mobile-first Mantis Engine.
Our products have been downloaded over 325 million times by players around the world. Most recently, we’ve launched Episode, a mobile storytelling network and platform, and War Dragons, a visually stunning 3D real-time strategy game.
As a Senior QA Analyst for War Dragons, you’ll be part of the team pushing the mobile frontier - testing in the most responsive, polished and flexible gaming environments. You’ll also be tackling exciting testing challenges, verifying continuously updated content, helping to create the best mobile testing tools, and working with mobile engineers who crave and appreciate each of your bugs - imagine that! And, you will have a seat at the table when designing and enhancing our games - we love great ideas and don't care where they come from.
Please note that this would start off as a 6 month project with a potential to convert full-time.
What You’ll Do:
- Create test cases and test plans with a mastery of QA methodologies
- Write relevant, actionable, and reproducible bug reports that stand up to withering scrutiny
- Be a strong proponent of quality and process to the War Dragons team
- Collaborate effectively with Engineers, Product Managers, and Designers to develop features
- Work with War Dragons pod members to manage features from concept to execution. This will include writing test cases, creating test plans, triaging bugs, and owning the overall test execution for that feature
- Recognize process deficiencies and drive improvements
What You Bring to the QA Team:
- 6+ years of experience working in the software development industry, including significant Mobile Gaming QA experience
- User-level experience with iPhone and/or Android
- Familiarity with manual black-box testing
- Critical thinking, excellent communication, and leadership skills
- A strong work ethic
- An ability to create and enforce processes
- Exceptional time management skills and ability to prioritize multiple parallel tasks well
- A love for creating delightful gaming experiences for millions of players
Extra Gems for:
- Experience developing automated test scripts using tools such as Selenium Webdriver/Appium, including coding in Python or similar language.
Pocket Gems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.