Pocket Gems seeks to build the greatest games and most compelling interactive entertainment in the world. That’s the mission our founders began with in an apartment above a pizza shop back in 2009 and it continues to inspire us today. Since then, we’ve grown to over 200 people in San Francisco, and with $155 million in backing from Sequoia Capital and Tencent, we’re constantly breaking new ground in mobile entertainment.
Our products have been downloaded over 450 million times by players around the world. In recent years, we’ve launched Episode, a mobile storytelling network and platform, and War Dragons, a visually stunning 3D real-time strategy game.
As our community of players continues to grow, we’re committed to building diverse and inclusive environments across our teams, and in our games.
During our 10-week PM Intern program, you will be a meaningful contributor to our live products, leaving the summer having made a tangible impact on your team by owning a feature through the product life-cycle from initial concept to release.
Note: To be considered, you must be willing to work remotely out of one of the following states through the duration of the 10 week internship program: California, Washington, Colorado, or Texas
What You'll Do:
- Experience a feature life cycle end to end
- Design and wireframe new features
- Write feature specs
- Coordinate and collaborate with multiple teams, resources and timelines: Engineering, Art, UX and QA
- Own the analysis, testing and optimizing to achieve key success metrics of your features to drive financial results
- Work in an entrepreneurial, learning environment with a world-class team of Engineers and Product Managers
What You Bring to the Product Management Team:
- Currently pursuing a Masters Degree (Bachelor’s degree required)
- Experience in quantitative analysis and ability to refine hypotheses/models by digging into user data
- Ability to manage complex projects and production schedules
- Excitement about coordinating and inspiring our cross discipline teams
- Most importantly, you should love the idea of creating highly engaging mobile content that will be seen (and played) by millions!
Extra Gems For:
- Experience in any of the following:
- Mobile or social games
- Strategy/Management Consulting or Finance (Banking, PE, or VC)
- Online/Mobile Product experience with a technology company
- Startup experience
- Engineering/software development
- Degree in a quantitative discipline (CS, Engineering, Math, Econ, etc.)
- Design mentality and a familiarity and interest in casual / mid-core / core games
Other Internship Perks:
- An amazing summer packed with mentorship, networking opportunities, learning & development roundtables, fun intern events (Escape Room, Intern Olympics, Jackbox), and of course projects with real business impact.
- Read more about what we’ve been up to here!
- We are looking for students going to U.S. universities, graduating in Winter 2021 or Spring 2022.
- Prior gaming experience is NOT required.
Read more about what we’ve been up to!
At Pocket Gems, we're building teams that value originality, inclusivity, and accountability. While we believe we offer competitive perks, such as annual bonuses, unlimited PTO, 401k matching, and a generous benefits package, we hope to engage with talent based on our core values.