Pocket Gems seeks to build the greatest games and most compelling interactive entertainment in the world. That’s the mission our founders began with in an apartment above a pizza shop back in 2009 and it continues to inspire us today. Since then, we’ve grown to over 200 people in San Francisco, and with $155 million in backing from Sequoia Capital and Tencent, we’re constantly breaking new ground in mobile entertainment.
Our products have been downloaded over 450 million times by players around the world. In recent years, we’ve launched Episode, a mobile storytelling network and platform, and War Dragons, a visually stunning 3D real-time strategy game. As our community of players continues to grow, we’re committed to building diverse and inclusive environments across our teams, and in our games.
As a QA Analyst for Episode, you’ll be working in our Storytelling Track, which develops games and projects focused on narrative storytelling and character building. You’ll also tackle exciting QA challenges, test continuously updated content, help create the best testing tools, and work with mobile engineers who crave and appreciate each of your bugs! You will be a significant contributor to how we test and release stories as an embedded QA Analyst within the Episode development team. Automated test development experience is a huge plus. And, you will have a seat at the table when designing and enhancing our games - we love great ideas and don't care where they come from.
Please note that this would start off as a 6 month project with a potential to convert full-time. This role is open to remote employment for those who reside in California or Washington State.
What You’ll Do:
- Create test cases and test plans with a mastery of QA methodologies
- Write relevant, actionable, and reproducible bug reports that stand up to withering scrutiny
- Be an enthusiastic proponent of quality and process to the Episode team
- Collaborate effectively with Engineers, Product Managers, and Designers to develop features
- Work with Episode pod members to handle features from concept to execution. This will include writing test cases, creating test plans, triaging bugs, and being responsible for the overall test and release execution for that feature
- Proactively recognize process deficiencies and drive improvements with the team
- Test multiple Episode stories and handle the ticket workflow throughout development between QA, Product, and Story teams
What You Bring to the QA Team:
- 3+ years of experience working in the software development industry
- User-level experience with iPhone and/or Android
- Familiarity with manual black-box testing
- Critical thinking, excellent communication, and leadership skills
- An exemplary work ethic
- An ability to create and enforce processes
- Exceptional time management skills and ability to prioritize multiple parallel tasks well
- A love for creating delightful gaming experiences for millions of players
Extra Gems for:
- Affinity for narrative based story telling games and apps
- Prior mobile game testing experience
- Experience with test automation script development in tools such as Selenium Webdriver/Appium, including coding in Python or similar language.
Pocket Gems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.