Pocket Gems seeks to build the greatest games and most compelling interactive entertainment in the world. That’s the mission our founders began with in an apartment above a pizza shop back in 2009 and it continues to inspire us today. Since then, we’ve grown to over 200 people in San Francisco, and with $155 million in backing from Sequoia Capital and Tencent, we’re constantly breaking new ground in mobile entertainment.
Our products have been downloaded over 450 million times by players around the world. In recent years, we’ve launched Episode, a mobile storytelling network and platform, and War Dragons, a visually stunning 3D real-time strategy game. As our community of players continues to grow, we’re committed to building diverse and inclusive environments across our teams, and in our games.
As an Art Manager in Creative Marketing with a focus on creative strategies on our Storytelling team, you'll work with the Creative Director and performance marketing team to continue to develop the highest quality marketing content to capture an audience for our top storytelling games, including Episode. With your excellent communication skills, you will have the ability to maintain partnerships with external vendors. You will collaborate with interdisciplinary internal teams and external vendors to manage priorities, maintain pace and quality, and bring clarity to the production process. This role is a part of our Storytelling Track, which develops games and projects focused on narrative storytelling and character building.
What You’ll Help Us to Accomplish:
- Coordinate production of high-quality marketing assets using a combination of internal resources and external vendors and contractors.
- Create and manage a schedule and workflow through all phases of marketing asset development based on the top level marketing goals/priorities.
- Pitch creative concepts and collaborate with the creative team to optimize the top ideas.
- Develop insights from research that inform and fuel creative brainstorms.
- Proactively research industry trends to support the creative team in building new ad opportunities.
- Monitoring industry trends for the creative team (mobile gaming and social) and share findings on a regular cadence.
- Support the creative and performance teams with all production needs.
- Develop a strong understanding of performance marketing metrics/goals and use that understanding to evaluate and improve all marketing assets’ performance.
What You Bring to Creative Marketing:
- At least 3 years of marketing experience.
- Outsourcing reviewing and communication experience.
- Ability to roll up your sleeves and work both independently and cooperatively in a fast-paced environment.
- Sharp critical thinking skills.
- Production management experience required.
- Previous experience managing external vendors.
Extra Gems For:
- Passion for story based media.
- Deep understanding of best practices in mobile marketing.
- A strong eye for art and design.
Pocket Gems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.