Pocket Gems seeks to build the greatest games and most compelling interactive entertainment in the world. That’s the mission our founders began with in an apartment above a pizza shop back in 2009 and it continues to inspire us today. Since then, we’ve grown to over 200 people in San Francisco, and with $155 million in backing from Sequoia Capital and Tencent, we’re constantly breaking new ground in mobile entertainment.
Our products have been downloaded over 450 million times by players around the world. In recent years, we’ve launched Episode, a mobile storytelling network and platform, and War Dragons, a visually stunning 3D real-time strategy game. As our community of players continues to grow, we’re committed to building diverse and inclusive environments across our teams, and in our games.
The Pocket Gems People Operations team focuses on creating an inspiring place to work while maintaining an atmosphere of creativity, fun and productivity. As the Senior People Operations Generalist, you will be responsible for payroll oversight, benefits programs and delivering seamless Gemmer support. The ideal candidate is organized, detail oriented, and takes pride in providing a high-touch, responsive experience for our employees.
What We’ve Recently Accomplished:
- We provided key guidance as PG adjusted from an office-based to remote work environment during shelter in place, to ensure employees as seamless a transition as possible. A recent engagement survey showed Gemmers were extremely positive on PGs response to the pandemic.
- We rolled out a continuous feedback process via Lattice to further enable developing a strong culture of feedback.
- We partnered on meaningful reactions to the recent incidents of, and protests around, racial injustice in the U.S. - including a company-wide meeting to share personal reactions and declare company actions (such as highlighting Black creators voices), and setting up and running the first charitable match in PG history.
What You’ll Help Us to Accomplish:
- Continue our high touch support of employees - we strive to be a “go to” team that employees can come to for any reason, and we will help guide them. We want you to help us to thrive in this effort!
- Some project opportunities include: Working towards a true continuous feedback cycle (goodbye to annual reviews!); Helping create policies and processes to support engaging remotely in the short and long-term; and supporting the increased diversity and inclusion efforts we’re tackling company-wide.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide strategic business partnership to managers and key stakeholders supported by HR policy guidance
- Serve as a primary point of contact for employee questions and requests. Resolve issues quickly, accurately and in line with PG culture
- Partner with managers in resolving employee relations issues with an approach that is compliant with company policy, federal/state law, and that supports PG culture
- Resolve grievances by conducting effective, thorough and objective investigations
- Own immigration processes including new and transfer visas, PERM processes (green cards) and vendor management
- Manage the day to day activities related to employee lifecycle transitions, benefits, and leaves
- Ensure ongoing compliance with relevant regulations and requirements pertaining to minimize risk and exposure to the company; manage compliance filings (e.g., EEO-1)
- Maintain and update the employee handbook and existing company policies. Develop and implement additional policies as needed
- Collaborate with team members and across functions to develop, document and implement new programs, processes, events and initiatives
What You’ll Bring to the People Ops Team:
- BA/BS degree is required
- 5+ years of People Operations/HR experience. Preferably in the tech industry.
- 3+ years of experience with coaching at the manager level, including in-depth performance management
- Experience managing/maintaining a HRIS tool, preferably experience with ADP Workforce Now
- Analytical and data management skills, with the ability to translate data into action plans
- Excellent communication and consultative skills; the ability to translate data for different audiences
- Thrive in a collaborative team environment, and possess the ability to build and maintain successful relationships with all levels of the organization, achieve credibility, and have the ability to influence outcomes
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy with your own work and reviewing the work of others
- In-depth understanding of local, state, and federal requirements applicable to payroll and benefits & California and federal labor laws
- Demonstrated discretion and sound judgment handling sensitive and confidential data
- Demonstrated project management skills and ability to drive programs and execute on projects independently and resourcefully
- Strong Excel skills and familiarity with Google office suite
Extra gems for:
- 2+ year(s) Immigration experience
- 1+ year(s) of payroll administration & oversight
- Experience implementing a new HRIS, payroll or engagement system
Pocket Gems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.