Pocket Gems seeks to build the greatest mobile games and most compelling interactive entertainment in the world. That’s the mission our founders began with, in an apartment above a pizza shop back in 2009, and it continues to inspire us today. Since then, we’ve grown to over 200 people in San Francisco, and with $155 million in backing from Sequoia Capital and Tencent, we’re constantly breaking new ground in mobile entertainment.
Our products have been downloaded over 500 million times by players around the world and have generated over $1 billion in bookings. In recent years, we’ve launched Episode, a mobile storytelling network and platform, and War Dragons, a visually stunning 3D real-time strategy game.
As our community of players continues to grow, we’re committed to building diverse and inclusive environments across our teams, and in our games.
As a Senior Game Designer (Match 3) on Storytelling New Projects, you'll help us design, build, and iterate on prototypes of free-to-play story-driven mobile puzzle games for women. This role is part of our Storytelling Track, which develops games and projects focused on narrative storytelling and character building.
What You’ll Do:
- Drive the design and execution of new prototypes of story-driven match or blast puzzle games for young and young adult women in Unity.
- Iterate rapidly on those prototypes based on feedback from playtests, user tests, and data collection.
- Design and implement new features for the most successful prototypes we create.
- Pitch new ideas for match or blast puzzle game prototypes.
- Work in an environment that requires strong problem solving skills and independent self-direction.
What You Bring to the Design Team:
- You have worked on a successful free-to-play mobile match or blast puzzle game.
- You are up to date with current trends in free-to-play mobile puzzle genre and understand the pros and cons of the decisions that different games make.
- You can use the Unity editor and Unity tools to implement game content.
- You enjoy light hearted, romantic, playful, and sweet stories. RomComs or YA novels are your go to for comfort.
- You crave constant feedback that helps you make your game prototypes better.
- You have 2 or more years experience as a mobile game designer, preferably in free-to-play mobile.
- You can build game prototypes in Unity without engineering help
Read more about what we’ve been up to!
At Pocket Gems, we're building teams that value originality, inclusivity, and accountability. While we believe we offer competitive perks, such as annual bonuses, unlimited PTO, 401k matching, and a generous benefits package, we hope to engage with talent based on our core values.