Pocket Gems wants to build the greatest games and interactive entertainment in the world. That’s the mission our founders began with in an apartment above a pizza shop back in 2009 and we continue it today.
Pocket Gems has grown to over 250 people in San Francisco. With $155 million in backing from Sequoia Capital and Tencent, we’re constantly breaking new ground with graphically rich mobile games, fun new genres of mobile entertainment, and innovative technologies like our mobile-first Mantis Engine.
Our products have been downloaded over 325 million times by players around the world. Most recently, we’ve launched Wild Beyond, a fast-paced and strategic 3D combat game, Episode, a mobile storytelling network and platform, and War Dragons, a visually stunning 3D real-time strategy game.
To date, there have been over 7 billion episodes viewed on Episode, which is over 97,000 years of combined viewing time. We’ve also opened up our storytelling platform to create the world’s largest community of interactive stories and storytellers, with over 12 million registered creators including award-winning screenwriters and published novelists. Most recently, Episode has made the list of Apple’s Top Free Games of 2018 and was recognized as the Best Community Building Game at the 2018 Google Play Awards. We’ve also partnered with major studios and industry stars to create stories such as Pitch Perfect In Deep Treble, Pretty Little Liars, Mean Girls: Senior Year, Demi Lovato: Path to Fame, and Clueless: School’s Out.
As a Partnerships Account Manager, you will contribute to building the largest and most passionate player base in interactive mobile storytelling by managing relationships with top Episode creators, licensing new content, and optimizing Episode advertising revenue. This is an excellent opportunity for someone with strong creative relationship skills, an analytical mindset, and an interest in helping to define storytelling for a mobile world.
- Build deep relationships with community creators
- Buy stories from Episode community creators and others as part of our editorial program
- Improve our contracting pipelines
- Monitor and improve performance of ad networks within Episode through our ad mediation platform
- Serve as the key point of contact between ad network partners and our internal ad product and engineering team
- Balance multiple projects at once and prioritize the highest value projects without sacrificing relationships
- Experience working in at least one of the following:
- Production in a creative industry (Film, TV, performing arts, publishing, tech)
- Business development at a top-tier entertainment & media company or agency (e.g. MTV, Netflix, CAA, WME)
- Passion for great storytelling and for Episode’s vision and current audience
- Entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to take ideas and run with them through to the finish, and are excited to build new relationships with people and companies outside your domain
- Strong execution skills with experience leading cross functional teams to deliver exceptional results on multiple axis of time, quality, and cost
- Ability to communicate complicated ideas in a clear and succinct manner that motivates its listeners
- Ability to negotiate agreements with creators and business partners
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and get things done
- Bachelor’s degree. Advanced degree a plus.
Pocket Gems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.