Pocket Gems wants to build the greatest games and interactive entertainment in the world. That’s the mission our founders began with in an apartment above a pizza shop back in 2009 and we continue it today.
Pocket Gems has grown to over 250 people in San Francisco. With $155 million in backing from Sequoia Capital and Tencent, we’re constantly breaking new ground with graphically rich mobile games, fun new genres of mobile entertainment, and innovative technologies like our mobile-first Mantis Engine.
Our products have been downloaded over 325 million times by players around the world. Most recently, we’ve launched Wild Beyond, a fast-paced and strategic 3D combat game, Episode, a mobile storytelling network and platform, and War Dragons, a visually stunning 3D real-time strategy game.
As a Staff Accountant on the Finance team, you will play an integral part in all aspects of accounting operations, as well as supporting various projects as we scale. You’ll ‘roll up your sleeves’ to execute accounting operations, and help implement scalable systems and efficient processes. You should be a team player and have an excellent ability to prioritize, all while developing and growing the accounting infrastructure at Pocket Gems.
What You’ll Do:
- Execute on all aspects of accounting operations, with a focus on invoice processing and expense recognition
- Participate in the monthly close process by preparing journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations
- Maintain and improve upon the current accounting infrastructure, ensuring that all financial systems and files stay in sync with the GL
- Develop expertise with the new Intacct GL system and assist with the implementation of new tools that meet Pocket Gems’ evolving business model and culture
- Produce PBC’s for the annual audit (Big 4 firm) and assist with field work
- Ad hoc analyses and projects as needed
What You Bring to the Finance team:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- 1-3 years of total accounting experience, with increasing levels of responsibilities
- A hands-on approach and strong attention to details
- Advanced knowledge of Excel - you should enjoy spreadsheets
- Solid understanding of GAAP accounting concepts
- Ability to thrive in a fast-growing environment - we’re a startup and are continuing to grow; this requires strong multi-tasking skills and the flexibility to quickly switch from one project to the next
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Extra Gems For:
- Interest in mobile gaming
- Passed all or multiple parts of CPA licensing exam
- Masters degree in Accounting
Pocket Gems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.