Pocket Gems wants to build the greatest games and interactive entertainment in the world. That’s the mission our founders began with in an apartment above a pizza shop back in 2009 and we continue it today.
Pocket Gems has grown to over 250 people in San Francisco. With $155 million in backing from Sequoia Capital and Tencent, we’re constantly breaking new ground with graphically rich mobile games, fun new genres of mobile entertainment, and innovative technologies like our mobile-first Mantis Engine.
Our products have been downloaded over 325 million times by players around the world. Most recently, we’ve launched Wild Beyond, a fast-paced and strategic 3D combat game, Episode, a mobile storytelling network and platform, and War Dragons, a visually stunning 3D real-time strategy game.
As a Senior Accountant on the Finance team, you will play a leading role in all aspects of accounting operations, as well as influencing and leading various projects as we scale. You’ll ‘roll up your sleeves’ to execute accounting operations, and help implement scalable systems and efficient processes. You should be a team player and have an excellent ability to prioritize, all while helping your teammates develop and grow at Pocket Gems.
What You’ll Do:
- Be the expert on critical accounting operations, including but not limited to A/P, A/R, general ledger, revenue recognition, and consolidation
- Own the preparation and review of journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, and supporting models as a leader in the monthly close process
- Work cross functionally with various functions to produce financial statements and analyses that will help manage their cost structure
- Lead the production of PBC’s and financial statements for the annual audit (Big 4 firm) and manage the field work phase(s)
- Research and resolve technical accounting issues, including drafting documentation
- Develop expertise with the new Intacct GL system and design and implement new tools that meet Pocket Gems’ evolving business model and culture
- Help supervise more junior teammates and ramp them up on new responsibilities
- Ad hoc analyses and projects as needed
What You Bring to the Finance team:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- 3 - 5 years of total accounting experience, with increasing levels of responsibilities
- Active CPA license preferred; should have at least passed all parts of the CPA exam
- A hands-on approach and strong attention to details
- Advanced knowledge of Excel - you should enjoy spreadsheets
- Solid understanding of GAAP accounting concepts
- Ability to thrive in a fast-growing environment - we’re a startup and are continuing to grow; this requires strong multi-tasking skills and the flexibility to quickly switch from one project to the next
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Extra Gems For:
- Interest in mobile gaming
- Masters degree in Accounting
Pocket Gems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.