Pocket Gems wants to build the greatest games and interactive entertainment in the world. That’s the mission our founders began with in an apartment above a pizza shop back in 2009 and we continue it today.
Pocket Gems has grown to over 250 people in San Francisco. With $155 million in backing from Sequoia Capital and Tencent, we’re constantly breaking new ground with graphically rich mobile games, fun new genres of mobile entertainment, and innovative technologies like our mobile-first Mantis Engine.
Our products have been downloaded over 325 million times by players around the world. Most recently, we’ve launched Wild Beyond, a fast-paced and strategic 3D combat game, Episode, a mobile storytelling network and platform, and War Dragons, a visually stunning 3D real-time strategy game.
As Pocket Gems’ IT Support Analyst, you will be responsible for addressing our company’s individual and collective IT needs. You will join a three-person team and be responsible for supporting our network and device management infrastructure, managing and automating our internal helpdesk, and improving internal processes. You should be extremely flexible, ready to tackle new challenges, comfortable working in a startup environment, and a great team player eager to collaborate and innovate within the mobile entertainment industry.
*Please note this is a six month contract assignment*
What You’ll Do:
- Provide world class internal support on laptops, peripherals and accounts including setting up, configuring, and tracking machines
- Provide first level support of computer problems and set Return merchandise authorization requests as needed
- Work within and improve upon our JIRA-based ticketing system
- Follow and maintain documentation with an eye to process improvement
- Develop and implement more efficient workflows for the team
- Identify and explore new technologies which will help enhance the overall IT function
What You Bring to the IT Team:
- 1-2 years in an IT support role with a strong customer service orientation
- Experience maintaining Windows and Mac computers
- Understanding of OSI model and layers
- Experience administrating company-wide tools or services
- Comfortable with cloud-based SAAS environments and Google products
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
Extra Gems for:
- Previous experience working in tech startups and/or the gaming industry
- Experience with VMware Workspace One, JAMF Pro, JIRA, G-suite
Pocket Gems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.