Pocket Gems wants to build the greatest games and interactive entertainment in the world. That’s the mission our founders began with in an apartment above a pizza shop back in 2009 and we continue it today.
Pocket Gems has grown to over 250 people in San Francisco. With $155 million in backing from Sequoia Capital and Tencent, we’re constantly breaking new ground with graphically rich mobile games, fun new genres of mobile entertainment, and innovative technologies like our mobile-first Mantis Engine.
Our products have been downloaded over 325 million times by players around the world. Most recently, we’ve launched Wild Beyond, a fast-paced and strategic 3D combat game, Episode, a mobile storytelling network and platform, and War Dragons, a visually stunning 3D real-time strategy game.
You will join the development team for War Dragons. We are looking for an exceptionally talented Associate Game Designer who is excited to help establish Pocket Gems as a leader in polished, yet deep multiplayer gameplay. We are passionate about shaping and defining games as we know it on mobile! Our ideal candidates enjoy a work environment that requires strong problem solving skills and independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication.
What You’ll Do:
- You will join our War Dragons development team where your primary focus will be to implement new game content and write design specifications for game features.
- You’ll communicate with players and run user testing for new game elements.
- You’ll use Excel and Google Sheets to script, automate and modify advanced CSV game play data.
- You’ll collaborate with artists on creative direction for the game and specify art needs to create aesthetically pleasing, flavorful and fun gameplay.
- You’ll develop a deep understanding of the game’s economy and power progression systems and use you analytical skills to tweak and address balance issues in the game.
- You’ll manage game files in version control systems for your team.
- You’ll collaborate with UX designers to come up with affordable user flows for new features and game mechanics.
What You Bring To The Game Design Team:
- You bring 1+ years of Game Design experience and expertise.
- You have the ability to conceptualize, prototype, iterate and balance features.
- You possess a strong design mentality and intuition for game mechanics and game flow.
- You’re an avid gamer across multiple platforms and genres.
- You communicate clearly and work effectively with others.
- You’re self-motivated, efficient and have a knack for solving complex problems.
- You have an innate and proven ability to develop and manage a team with humility.
Pocket Gems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.