Senior Full Stack Engineer position available with Pocket Gems, Inc. in San Francisco, CA. Design and write mobile optimized code and systems for mobile devices running iOS and Android. Utilize knowledge of mobile operating systems, application life cycle, CPU and GPU architectures, memory management, graphic texture optimization, 3D rendering. Debug and optimize code using XCode profiling and Android Studio profiler. Work with CocosBuilder for Cocos2D to implement new UI screens and elements into existing games. Maintain and improve unit tests using XCtest. Develop and maintain internal tools using Python, Python Invoke, BASH, and Windows batch. Maintain, debug, and improve our continuous integration system (Jenkins). Work closely with artists, game designers, product managers, and engineers.
REQUIREMENTS: Master’s degree or foreign equivalent Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field and 1 year of experience in the job offered or related occupation. In the alternative, the employer will accept a Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field and 5 years of progressive, post-baccalaureate experience in the job offered or related occupation.
1 year of experience with each of the following skills is required:
- Developing server and client side features for mobile games;
- Developing 2D or 3D games involving user interfaces, game frameworks, content management, music and sound effect systems, graphics and textures, game mechanics, and game databases;
- Working with version control systems including Git, SVN, or Perforce;
- Developing games using popular game engines including Unity or Unreal;
- Writing code with strongly typed languages including C, C++, C#, or Objective-C;
- Debugging and optimizing complex and real-time systems involving different mobile devices;
- Maintaining high quality control by writing unit tests and working with Quality Assurance;
- Working knowledge of JIRA and GitHub; and
- Knowledge of operating systems including macOS, Windows and Linux.
All experience may be acquired concurrently.
To apply, please send a resume to: Pocket Gems, Inc., Attn.: A. Horn, 220 Montgomery Street, Suite 750, San Francisco, CA 94104. Must respond with job requisition number 4353523.