Pocket Gems, a leading mobile entertainment company backed by Sequoia Capital and Tencent, is breaking new ground with graphically rich mobile games, fun new genres of mobile entertainment, and innovative technologies like our mobile-first Mantis Engine. Profitable since launch in 2009, the company has grown to over 200 employees. Pocket Gems’ games have been downloaded over 250 million times by players around the world. Our ideal candidates enjoy a work environment that requires strong problem solving skills and independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication.
As a Product Manager with Pocket Gems, you’ll own and manage a mobile game played by millions of people around the world. You’ll own the product development, strategic vision, and business operations for a new or existing game. You'll become an expert in the psychology of games and will build a thorough understanding of what features and themes maximize user engagement. You should love games, have good intuition for game mechanics, be able to refine hypotheses/models by digging into user data, and be excited about coordinating and inspiring our engineering and art teams.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- 3+ years of game industry experience in the role of a producer, product manager, or designer
- 1+ years of experience leading a cross-functional development team in a live operation setting
- Strong design mentality and intuition for game mechanics
- Strong quantitative analysis skill and ability to refine hypotheses/models by digging into user data and iteratively improving metrics
- Bachelor’s degree required, ideally in quantitative discipline (CS, Engineering, Math, Econ, etc.)
- Ability to write clear and concise specs for new games and new features
- Ability to understand and think creatively about the most engaging and profitable game mechanics and themes
- B.S. / M.S. in Computer Science, other engineering degree and/or MBA is a plus
Benefits: Pocket Gems offers top-notch benefits, including Anthem PPO, Kaiser health plans, and free One Medical membership. We cover 100% of the cost of employees’ Medical, Dental and Vision premiums (and 75% of the cost for their dependents), as well as short and long-term disability, and life insurance. We also offer flex spending & dependent care accounts, pre-tax commuter benefits and a 401(k) match. Pocket Gems is located in beautiful downtown San Francisco, one block North of the Montgomery Street BART station.
Pocket Gems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.