Pocket Gems wants to build the greatest games and interactive entertainment in the world. That’s the mission our founders began with in an apartment above a pizza shop back in 2009 and we continue it today.
Pocket Gems has grown to over 250 people in San Francisco. With $155 million in backing from Sequoia Capital and Tencent, we’re constantly breaking new ground with graphically rich mobile games, fun new genres of mobile entertainment, and innovative technologies like our mobile-first Mantis Engine.
Our products have been downloaded over 325 million times by players around the world. Most recently, we’ve launched Wild Beyond, a fast-paced and strategic 3D combat game, Episode, a mobile storytelling network and platform, and War Dragons, a visually stunning 3D real-time strategy game.
As a member of our Game Design team, you will join one of our teams working on, what we call, our "core" games. We are looking for an exceptionally talented Principal Game Designer who is excited to bring AAA quality work to help establish Pocket Gems as a leader in polished, yet deep multiplayer gameplay. We are passionate about shaping and defining games as we know it on mobile! Our ideal candidates enjoy a work environment that requires strong problem solving skills and independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication.
What You’ll Do:
- You will join one of our Core Games teams to up-level the existing game design processes and team, and help us continue to build the best games in the industry, while keeping player experience at the forefront.
What You Bring to the Game Design team:
- You’re a rare industry talent who brings 7+ years of expertise in Game Design with proven results
- You have strong technical skills and can prototype self-sufficiently in multiple game engines
- You’ve shipped at least one F2P title from inception to launch as a Game Design Senior, Principal or Lead
- You have an exceptional ability to conceptualize, prototype and iterate on new game concepts
- You have an innate design mentality and intuition for game mechanics and game flow
- You’re an avid gamer across multiple platforms and genres
- You are able to communicate clearly and work effectively with others
- You’re self-motivated, efficient and have a knack for solving complex problems
- You have an interest and ability to mentor more junior Designers on the team
Pocket Gems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.