Pocket Gems wants to build the greatest games and interactive entertainment in the world. That’s the mission our founders began with in an apartment above a pizza shop back in 2009 and we continue it today.
Pocket Gems has grown to over 250 people in San Francisco. With $155 million in backing from Sequoia Capital and Tencent, we’re constantly breaking new ground with graphically rich mobile games, fun new genres of mobile entertainment, and innovative technologies like our mobile-first Mantis Engine.
Our products have been downloaded over 325 million times by players around the world. Most recently, we’ve launched Wild Beyond, a fast-paced and strategic 3D combat game, Episode, a mobile storytelling network and platform, and War Dragons, a visually stunning 3D real-time strategy game.
As an Associate Product Marketing Manager (APMM) for our Core Games, you will be a business partner to our product teams, helping them understand the market and audience for their products and informing decisions that help us build the best games and bring them to market. Your responsibilities will include: analyzing market data, performing customer surveys and research, developing product positioning and go-to-market plans, and working with the creative marketing team to produce video/display advertising. You will also be a steward of our brands, responsible for shaping our games’ brand identities and the communication/presentation anywhere they appear outside the game including video/TV advertising, PR messaging, social media, etc.
What You’ll Do:
- Plan and execute marketing campaigns on traditionally brand-oriented channels (TV, PR, influencers, etc.) with a performance approach
- In partnership with Creative Marketing, produce innovative, memorable, and effective video/display advertising
- Work closely with our product teams to help define a game’s audience and marketability
- Perform market and customer research and develop insights that will help shape our products
- Identify new sources of data and methodologies that can help expand our product marketing toolkit
- Develop product positioning statements and game brand identities and oversee production of ad creatives that are consistent across channels and resonate with players
- Create go-to-market strategies and work with key functional stakeholders to execute on them and measure their performance
What You Bring to the Product Marketing team:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 1-3+ years as a functional expert in marketing, working in one of the following:
- Marketing in the video games or entertainment industry
- Brand management at a consumer goods company (CPG)
- Product marketing at an online consumer-focused blue chip technology company
- Candidates with experience in product management, business operations, strategy at a technology company, ideally in video games, will also be considered
- Personal passion for games and other forms of entertainment and desire to become an industry marketing leader
- Strong creative and writing ability
- Excellent project management skills
- Understanding of online/mobile advertising and related metrics
- Strong analytical skills and experience working in a metrics-driven organization
- Equally comfortable at big picture thinking and hands-on execution
- Experience and interest in driving both strategic planning as well as operations
- Strong communication skills and ability to drive cross-functional projects
- Strong Excel skills
Extra Gems For:
- Experience with SQL and Tableau
Pocket Gems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.