Pocket Gems wants to build the greatest games and interactive entertainment in the world. That’s the mission our founders began with in an apartment above a pizza shop back in 2009 and we continue it today.
Pocket Gems has grown to over 250 people in San Francisco. With $155 million in backing from Sequoia Capital and Tencent, we’re constantly breaking new ground with graphically rich mobile games, fun new genres of mobile entertainment, and innovative technologies like our mobile-first Mantis Engine.
Our products have been downloaded over 325 million times by players around the world. Most recently, we’ve launched Wild Beyond, a fast-paced and strategic 3D combat game, Episode, a mobile storytelling network and platform, and War Dragons, a visually stunning 3D real-time strategy game.
We are looking to add an Accounting Specialist to our Finance team on a part-time basis. This is a flexible part-time position of approximately 20-25 hours a week. As an Accounting Specialist, you will play an integral part in our accounting operations. You’ll roll up your sleeves to execute accounting transactions and provide excellent service to Pocket Gems’ partners and vendors. You should be a team player and have excellent attention to detail.
Applicants for this role must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage accounts payable and invoice processing in bill.com, including coding all invoices to the proper general ledger accounts and assigning the correct approvers
- Review and process all employee expense reports in Expensify, ensuring compliance with internal policies
- Respond to partner and vendor inquiries in a professional and timely manner through desk.com
- Send reminders to business unit managers and follow up with them concerning outstanding invoice approvals and inquiries
- Sync and reconcile bill.com and Expensify to the general ledger system
- Produce audit selections for the annual audit (Big 4 firm) and assist with field work
- File vendor contracts, update the manual check register, and perform other administrative matters as requested
What You’ll Bring to the Team:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field or actively pursuing such a degree
- Accounting work experience is preferred but not required
- Very strong attention to detail
- Basic knowledge of Excel - you should enjoy spreadsheets
- Strong work ethic and an interest in continuous learning
- Ability to thrive in a fast-growing environment - we’re a startup and are continuing to grow; this requires strong multi-tasking skills and the flexibility to quickly switch from one project to the next
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Extra Gems For:
- Interest in mobile gaming
- Having passed at least one part of the CPA exam
Pocket Gems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.