Pocket Gems wants to build the greatest games and interactive entertainment in the world. That’s the mission our founders began with in an apartment above a pizza shop back in 2009 and we continue it today.
Pocket Gems has grown to over 250 people in San Francisco. With $155 million in backing from Sequoia Capital and Tencent, we’re constantly breaking new ground with graphically rich mobile games, fun new genres of mobile entertainment, and innovative technologies like our mobile-first Mantis Engine.
Our products have been downloaded over 325 million times by players around the world. Most recently, we’ve launched Wild Beyond, a fast-paced and strategic 3D combat game; Episode, a mobile storytelling network and platform; and War Dragons, a visually stunning 3D real-time strategy game.
As the QA Director, you will be responsible for managing the QA function at Pocket Gems. You will work with cross-functional leadership to build and evolve a high-performing and scalable QA organization that enables us to deliver high quality products on schedule.
What You’ll Do:
- Hire, mentor, and motivate a team of world class QA Analysts
- Provide leadership and technical expertise within QA teams and across the broader company
- Introduce and implement industry QA best practices to the teams and contribute to improving the team’s overall functional craft
- Define QA strategy, approach, and execution on a range of development projects
- Set well-defined expectations for QA roles across the company and provide support for your teams’ career growth and personal development
- Directly manage and assist QA Managers in building effective testing strategies for their assigned projects
- Improve department and team processes by working with other disciplines, including Product, Engineering, Art, Design, etc.
- Develop test plans and test strategies for game features and content (yes, we still get our hands on the game!)
- Participate in all aspects of the project life-cycle, from ideation to specification to release
What You Bring to the QA Team:
- 10+ years of QA experience with 5+ years in a management capacity
- Experience managing multiple QA managers and their teams
- Passion for QA and gaming
- Strong team building and empowerment skills
- Experience with Agile development processes
- Excellent communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences
- The ability to communicate effectively to all stakeholders and to build relationships at all levels of the organization
- Comfortable as a “hands-on” manager and willing to roll up your sleeves to get things done
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills while exercising sound judgement
Extra Gems For:
- Experience with QA automation for mobile apps
- Experience with mobile game development
- Experience working with remote test teams
- Operating in the games as a service live operations model
Pocket Gems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.