Pocket Gems wants to build the greatest games and interactive entertainment in the world. That’s the mission our founders began in an apartment above a pizza shop back in 2009 and we continue it today.
Pocket Gems has grown to over 250 people in San Francisco. With $155 million in backing from Sequoia Capital and Tencent, we’re constantly breaking new ground with graphically rich mobile games, fun new genres of mobile entertainment, and innovative technologies like our mobile-first Mantis Engine.
Our products have been downloaded over 325 million times by players around the world. Most recently, we’ve launched Wild Beyond, a fast-paced and strategic 3D combat game, Episode, a mobile storytelling network and platform, and War Dragons, a visually stunning 3D real-time strategy game.
As Pocket Gems’ IT Systems Administrator, you will be responsible for addressing our company’s individual and collective IT needs. You will join a three-person team and be responsible for supporting our network and device management infrastructure, managing and automating our internal helpdesk, and improving internal processes. You should be extremely flexible, ready to tackle new challenges, comfortable working in a startup environment, and a great team player eager to collaborate and innovate within the mobile entertainment industry.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead maintenance and operation of the Pocket Gems network
- Identify and explore new technologies which will help enhance the overall IT function
- Maintain our JAMF and VMware MDM solutions used to manage company devices
- Work within and improve upon our JIRA-based ticketing system
- Provide world class internal support on laptops, peripherals and accounts including setting up, configuring, and tracking machines
- Maintain and create documentation with an eye for improving processes
- Own or participate in high priority company projects which may include deploying a DLP solution, accessing switch stack replacement, or deploying a RADIUS server
What You Bring to the IT Team:
- 4-8 years experience in an IT support role with a strong customer service orientation
- Self-motivated with a strong bias toward driving solutions and results
- Experience maintaining, upgrading, and deploying network infrastructure
- Ability to troubleshoot Windows issues down to the registry and networking level
- Understanding of OSI model and layers
- Comfort with cloud-based SAAS environments and Google products
- Strong project management skills, with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills
Extra Gems for:
- Previous experience working in tech startups and/or the gaming industry
- Experience with JIRA, Palo Alto firewalls, Cisco switches, Meraki or Ruckus wireless AP, Google Apps, github, perforce, AWS
- Experience with bash scripting and desire to automate tasks, ethical hacking
Pocket Gems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.