Episode is a mobile storytelling network and platform created by Pocket Gems. Episode aims to define storytelling for the 2+ billion people on mobile with animated, interactive stories that are part TV, novel, movie, and mobile game. Since launching in 2014, users have viewed over 2.5 billion episodes (equivalent of ~47,000 years) across 45,000+ stories. Over 5.5 million storytellers have signed up to create their own stories, including award-winning screenwriters and published novelists. Episode also partners with major studios and industry stars to create stories such as Mean Girls: Senior Year, Demi Lovato: Path to Fame, and Pretty Little Liars.
As a Product Manager, you’ll own and manage critical aspects of the Episode product which will be seen by millions of people around the world. You’ll take part in the product development, strategic vision, and business operations. You'll become an expert in understanding customers and building engaging features that make everyone excited to come back to Episode and see what’s new.
You should have a passion for the entertainment or games industry, have good intuition for mechanics, be able to refine hypotheses/models by digging into user data, and be excited about coordinating and inspiring our cross discipline teams.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- 3+ years of games or entertainment industry experience in the role of a producer or product manager
- 1+ years of experience leading a cross-functional development team in a live operation setting
- Strong design mentality and intuition for game mechanics
- Strong quantitative analysis skill and ability to refine hypotheses/models by digging into user data and iteratively improving metrics
- Bachelor’s degree required, ideally in quantitative discipline (CS, Engineering, Math, Econ, etc.)
- Ability to write clear and concise specs for new features
- Ability to understand and think creatively about the most engaging and profitable game mechanics and themes
- B.S. / M.S. in Computer Science, other engineering degree and/or MBA is a plus
Pocket Gems offers top-notch benefits, including Anthem PPO, Kaiser health plans, and free One Medical membership. We cover 100% of the cost of employees’ Medical, Dental and Vision premiums (and 75% of the cost for their dependents), as well as short and long-term disability, and life insurance. We also offer flex spending & dependent care accounts, pre-tax commuter benefits and a 401(k) plan. Pocket Gems is located in beautiful downtown San Francisco, one block North of the Montgomery Street BART station.
Pocket Gems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.