Pocket Gems wants to build the greatest games and interactive entertainment in the world. That’s the mission our founders began with in an apartment above a pizza shop back in 2009 and we continue it today.
Pocket Gems has grown to over 250 people in San Francisco. With $155 million in backing from Sequoia Capital and Tencent, we’re constantly breaking new ground with graphically rich mobile games, fun new genres of mobile entertainment, and innovative technologies like our mobile-first Mantis Engine.
Our products have been downloaded over 325 million times by players around the world. Most recently, we’ve launched Wild Beyond, a fast-paced and strategic 3D combat game, Episode, a mobile storytelling network and platform, and War Dragons, a visually stunning 3D real-time strategy game.
During our 10-week PM Intern program, you will be a meaningful contributor to our live products, leaving the summer having made a tangible impact on your team by owning a feature through the product life-cycle from initial concept to release.
What You'll Do:
- Experience a feature life cycle end to end
- Design and wireframe new features
- Write feature specs
- Coordinate and collaborate with multiple teams, resources and timelines: Engineering, Art, UX and QA
- Own the analysis, testing and optimizing to achieve key success metrics of your features to drive financial results
- Work in an entrepreneurial, learning environment with a world-class team of Engineers and Product Managers
What You Bring to the Product Management Team:
- Currently earning an MBA or equivalent graduate program (Bachelor’s degree required)
- Experience in quantitative analysis and ability to refine hypotheses/models by digging into user data
- Ability to manage complex projects and production schedules
- Excitement about coordinating and inspiring our cross discipline teams
- Most importantly, you should love the idea of creating highly engaging mobile content that will be seen (and played) by millions!
Extra Gems For:
- Experience in any of the following:
- Mobile or social games
- Strategy/Management Consulting or Finance (Banking, PE, or VC)
- Online/Mobile Product experience with a technology company
- Social networking
- Engineering/software development
- Degree in a quantitative discipline (CS, Engineering, Math, Econ, etc.)
- Design mentality and a familiarity and interest in mid-core / core games
Other Internship Perks:
- A full calendar of events to get to know San Francisco, learn from your fellow interns, and have a great summer
- Weekly training sessions to expand your learnings from fellow Gemmers and industry veterans
- Free lunch, a well-stocked kitchen, and cold brew and kombucha on tap!
- We are looking for students going to U.S. universities, graduating in Winter 2019 or Spring 2020.
- Prior gaming experience is NOT required
Pocket Gems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.