Pocket Gems seeks to build the greatest games and most compelling interactive entertainment in the world. That’s the mission our founders began with in an apartment above a pizza shop back in 2009 and it continues to inspire us today. Since then, we’ve grown to over 200 people in San Francisco, and with $155 million in backing from Sequoia Capital and Tencent, we’re constantly breaking new ground in mobile entertainment.
Our products have been downloaded over 450 million times by players around the world. In recent years, we’ve launched Episode, a mobile storytelling network and platform, and War Dragons, a visually stunning 3D real-time strategy game. As our community of players continues to grow, we’re committed to building diverse and inclusive environments across our teams, and in our games.
As a Product Manager at Pocket Gems, you’ll help lead our games throughout the product life-cycle, from initial concept through development to release, and champion a great experience for millions of live players around the world!
What You’ll Do:
- Be responsible for a significant part of a free-to-play game and develop a strategic roadmap for improving the experience for thousands to millions of players
- Demonstrate your passion for the mobile entertainment industry by developing new narrative experiences and/or game mechanics
- Combine creativity with business impact in an entrepreneurial environment by working with world-class UX and Game Designers, Engineers and fellow Product Managers to:
- Design: Write clear and concise feature specifications that solve player-facing problems and drive business impact within or across our games
- Build: Wireframe and project manage new and engaging features as part of an agile product development process
- Test: Set and analyze success metrics for product health, and rigorously test and optimize for them over time to deliver exceptional business results
- Collaborate with the Art, Marketing, Player Experience and Content teams to create engaging, diverse, inclusive, and valuable content for our player community
What You Bring to the Product Management Team:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in a quantitative discipline (Computer Science, Engineering, etc.)
- Experience: 3 or more years in the technology industry, preferably in a role similar to one of the following
- Ability to take initiative and produce results with a passion for the entertainment or mobile games industry
- Ability to think creatively about, and apply, the most engaging and profitable game mechanics and themes with an exceptional design mentality
- Ability to apply quantitative analyses, and refine hypotheses/models by digging into user data and iteratively improving metrics
- Ability to collaborate effectively with a talented team on complex projects balancing multiple stakeholders, resource constraints and deadlines
- Ability to write clear and concise specs for new features
Extra Gems for:
- Education: MBA or a Master’s degree in a quantitative discipline (Computer Science, Engineering, etc.)
Pocket Gems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.