Pocket Gems wants to build the greatest games and interactive entertainment in the world. That’s the mission our founders began with in an apartment above a pizza shop back in 2009 and we continue it today.
Pocket Gems has grown to over 250 people in San Francisco. With $155 million in backing from Sequoia Capital and Tencent, we’re constantly breaking new ground with graphically rich mobile games, fun new genres of mobile entertainment, and innovative technologies like our mobile-first Mantis Engine.
Our products have been downloaded over 325 million times by players around the world. Most recently, we’ve launched Wild Beyond, a fast-paced and strategic 3D combat game, Episode, a mobile storytelling network and platform, and War Dragons, a visually stunning 3D real-time strategy game.
As a Product Manager, you’ll own and manage critical aspects of the War Dragons product which will be seen by millions of people around the world. You’ll take part in the product development, strategic vision, and business operations while being an expert in understanding customers and building engaging features that make everyone excited to come back to see what’s new.
What You'll Do:
- You’ll take part in the product development, strategic vision, and business operations.
- You'll become an expert in understanding customers and building engaging features that make everyone excited to come back and see what’s new.
- You’ll have a passion for the entertainment or games industry, have good intuition for mechanics, be able to refine hypotheses/models by digging into user data, and be excited about coordinating and inspiring our cross discipline teams.
What You Bring to the Product Management Team:
- 3+ years of games or entertainment industry experience in the role of a producer or product manager
- 1+ years of experience leading a cross-functional development team in a live operation setting
- Strong design mentality and intuition for game mechanics
- Strong quantitative analysis skill and ability to refine hypotheses/models by digging into user data and iteratively improving metrics
- Bachelor’s degree required, ideally in quantitative discipline (CS, Engineering, Math, Econ, etc.)
- Ability to write clear and concise specs for new features
- Ability to understand and think creatively about the most engaging and profitable game mechanics and themes
Extra Gems for:
- Degree in Computer Science, other engineering degree and/or MBA is a plus
Pocket Gems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.