Pocket Gems wants to build the greatest games and interactive entertainment in the world. That’s the mission our founders began with in an apartment above a pizza shop back in 2009 and we continue it today.
Pocket Gems has grown to over 250 people in San Francisco. With $155 million in backing from Sequoia Capital and Tencent, we’re constantly breaking new ground with graphically rich mobile games, fun new genres of mobile entertainment, and innovative technologies like our mobile-first Mantis Engine.
Our products have been downloaded over 325 million times by players around the world. Most recently, we’ve launched Wild Beyond, a fast-paced and strategic 3D combat game, Episode, a mobile storytelling network and platform, and War Dragons, a visually stunning 3D real-time strategy game.
Pocket Gems People Operations team focuses on creating an inspiring place to work while maintaining an atmosphere of creativity, fun and productivity. As the People Ops Generalist, you will be responsible for payroll and key benefits programs and delivering seamless employee service. The ideal candidate is organized, detail oriented, and takes pride in providing a high-touch, responsive experience for our employees.
What You’ll Do:
- Own the payroll function, including semi-monthly processing for salaried and hourly employees, maintaining accurate employee records in the ADP payroll module, and managing payroll tax filings across multiple states
- Manage the 401K plan, from day to day administration of participant changes to completion of the annual audit and filing of Form 5500
- Administer employee healthcare benefit programs (i.e. medical, dental, vision, flexible spending plans) and ensure full compliance with all local, state, and federal regulatory, reporting, and filing requirements
- Partner with external legal firm to process stock option grants and exercises. Update the Merrill data room for compliance with Rule 701
- Manage the workers compensation program, from resolving claims with insurance carrier to organizing ergonomic education sessions and consultations
- Serve as a primary point of contact for employee questions and requests. Resolve issues in a timely and positive manner that is consistent with company policy, legal regulations, and PG culture
- Collaborate with teammates to document and improve People Ops processes and workflows
What You Bring to the People Ops team:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 2 years of hands-on payroll and benefits administration experience in a high-growth, entrepreneurial environment
- Exposure to and basic understanding of local, state, and federal requirements applicable to payroll and benefits
- Experience maintaining an HRIS tool, preferably ADP Workforce Now
- Strong attention to detail and consistent accuracy with your work
- Thrive in a collaborative team environment, taking initiative, executing on projects independently and being resourceful
- Demonstrated discretion and sound judgment handling sensitive and confidential information
- Strong Excel skills and familiarity with Google office suite
Pocket Gems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.