Pocket Gems wants to build the greatest games and interactive entertainment in the world. That’s the mission our founders began with in an apartment above a pizza shop back in 2009 and we continue it today.
Pocket Gems has grown to over 250 people in San Francisco. With $155 million in backing from Sequoia Capital and Tencent, we’re constantly breaking new ground with graphically rich mobile games, fun new genres of mobile entertainment, and innovative technologies like our mobile-first Mantis Engine.
Our products have been downloaded over 325 million times by players around the world. Most recently, we’ve launched Wild Beyond, a fast-paced and strategic 3D combat game, Episode, a mobile storytelling network and platform, and War Dragons, a visually stunning 3D real-time strategy game.
Episode partners with major studios and industry stars to create stories such as Pitch Perfect In Deep Treble, Mean Girls: Senior Year, Demi Lovato: Path to Fame, Clueless: School’s Out, and Pretty Little Liars. Over 8 million storytellers have also signed up to create their own stories, including award-winning screenwriters and published novelists. Episode has made the list of Apple’s Top iOS games of 2018!
As an Ad Monetization Manager, you will contribute to building the largest and most passionate user base in mobile storytelling. Your task will be to manage the advertising revenue stream for Episode which includes monitoring our eCPM and fill rates, managing relationships across multiple ad networks and optimizing their performance, and adding new features into our product roadmap to maximize ad revenue while creating a positive user experience. You will work with both internal and external teams to analyze data and maximize growth opportunities.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with an analytical mindset, who is excited about applying and growing their analytical, business, and interpersonal skills to the rapidly evolving mobile ecosystem for games.
What You’ll Do:
- Serve as the key point of contact for ad network partners and internal product, QA, and engineering teams
- Use a process of testing to prove hypotheses, analyze results, and recommend performance optimizations to unlock growth and maximize long term revenue
- Monitor and optimize performance of ad networks
- Evaluate new ad networks and negotiate contracts to onboard new partners
- Survey the market for new monetization tactics and technologies and influence our product roadmap
- Work closely with product team to design and implement technology improvements to our ad mediation platform
What You Bring to the team:
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in a quantitative discipline (CS, Engineering, Math, Economics, etc.)
- An analytical and inquisitive mindset
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding ability to execute swiftly, with a strong attention to detail
- Strong Excel and analytical skills
- High levels of integrity, autonomy, and self-motivation
- Passion for games and entertainment products
Extra Gems For:
- 2-4 years of work experience with at least 2 years of experience at an ad network or in a monetization role at a mobile game studio
- Experience working in a metrics-driven organization
- Online Marketing or Mobile User Acquisition experience
- Experience with SQL and Tableau (or other data visualization software)
Pocket Gems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.