Pocket Gems wants to build the greatest games and interactive entertainment in the world. That’s the mission our founders began with in an apartment above a pizza shop back in 2009 and we continue it today.
Pocket Gems has grown to over 250 people in San Francisco. With $155 million in backing from Sequoia Capital and Tencent, we’re constantly breaking new ground with graphically rich mobile games, fun new genres of mobile entertainment, and innovative technologies like our mobile-first Mantis Engine.
Our products have been downloaded over 325 million times by players around the world. Most recently, we’ve launched Wild Beyond, a fast-paced and strategic 3D combat game, Episode, a mobile storytelling network and platform, and War Dragons, a visually stunning 3D real-time strategy game.
As Art Manager, you’ll be responsible for the production and the overall growth and improvement of the Art department. A background in the AAA art world would be ideal, although it’ll be a combination of your experience managing creative people and an understanding of game development process that’ll be most critical to your success in this role.
The Art Manager is someone who loves guiding artists to success, both individually and as a department. If you’re ready to embrace the challenge of managing, mentoring, and growing one of the most talented art departments in the industry, we want to hear from you!
What You'll Do:
- Act as the conduit through which all of the team’s Art requests flow, ensuring the delivery of these requests on time and at quality
- Work directly with the artists to provide day-to-day task guidance and clear priorities
- Recognize areas in which team process, culture, or team morale need attention and implement action plans for improvement
- Be the voice of the Art team among the project’s leadership to ensure that the Art department is an equal partner in the game’s success
- Monitor and schedule outsourced team deliverables
What You Bring to the Art Team:
- 3+ years of experience as a producer, art manager, or development director on a AAA art team working in a 3D environment
- Proven ability to interact as part of a team and to contribute to increasing productivity goals and efficiencies
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience working in an Agile/SCRUM environment and extensive familiarity with Agile principles
- Well-developed interpersonal and written communication skills, diplomacy, and tact
Extra Gems For:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Art, Animation, Computer Graphics, or related field
- Scrum Master or PMP certification
- Experience managing an art team in the mobile game space
- Previous experience as a production artist on a 3D game
Pocket Gems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.