Episode is a mobile animated interactive storytelling network and marketplace created by Pocket Gems, a leading mobile entertainment and games company. Episode empowers storytellers to create mobile-first stories, aiming to define storytelling for the 2+ billion people on mobile with stories that are part TV, novel, movie, and mobile game. Since launching in 2014, readers have read over 2 billion episodes and over 4 million storytellers have signed up to create their own stories, including award-winning screenwriters and published novelists. Episode also partners with major studios and industry stars to create stories such as Mean Girls: Senior Year and Demi Lovato: Path to Fame.
As a engineering lead on the Episode team, you will lead a team of talented engineers to ship our mobile storytelling platform on iOS and Android, enabling writers to create stories that reach millions of customers. The platform’s roadmap will be driven by your close collaboration with cross-functional teams and your extensive technical know-how. You will engage and develop engineers on your team, and guide their efforts as they undertake a wide variety of technical challenges.
- Design and code innovative, scalable and robust features
- Engage and develop your team of Engineers
- Define objectives and drive software engineering best practices
- Collaborate closely in small, nimble, cross-functional teams with product managers, artists and designers
- Participate in all aspects of the project life-cycle, from ideation to specification to release
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, software design and OOP
- Experience with mobile development on iOS and/or Android
- Experience with Objective-C, C++, or C
- Passionate about building a performant platform that allows writers and storytellers to create stories that reach millions of readers
- 4+ years work experience, including at least 1 year of relevant engineering team management experience
- Prior gaming industry experience is NOT required
Pocket Gems offers top-notch benefits, including a Premiere PPO health plan. We cover 100% of the cost of employees’ Medical, Dental and Vision premiums (and 75% of the cost for their dependents), as well as short and long-term disability, and life insurance. We also offer flex spending & dependent care accounts, pre-tax commuter benefits and a 401(k) plan. Pocket Gems is located in beautiful downtown San Francisco, one block North of the Montgomery Street BART station.
Pocket Gems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.