Pocket Gems, a leading mobile entertainment company backed by Sequoia Capital and Tencent, is continuously breaking new ground by building graphically rich mobile games, developing fun new genres of mobile entertainment and creating innovative technologies like our proprietary Mantis Engine. Launched in 2009, Pocket Gems has grown to over 200 employees and its games have been downloaded over 250 million times by players around the world. With its pioneering team, Pocket Gems is uniquely capable of making original and genre-defining products as mobile devices become the primary computing device for everyone in the world.
Our Core studio is looking for a talented Lead UI/UX Designer to help build intuitive and cohesive experiences in our next line of hit games. This person will join one of our new teams working on "core" games. We are looking for designers and artists excited to bring AAA quality work and establish Pocket Gems as a leader in 3D art for mobile, creating games that appeal to a wide audience of players. We are excited to be shaping and defining games as we know it on mobile!
- Work closely with product managers, game designers, artists and engineers from concept to execution on high-scope feature sets and design challenges
- Lead and inspire your designers to deliver excellent solutions that fit business and product goals while providing customer value
- Thoughtfully break down and communicate experiences to help the team succeed
- Work with other discipline leads on establishing design standards and patterns for the team and the studio
- A great portfolio of work showing your proven ability in
- Examples of games, mobile applications, software applications, and / or interactive spaces
- Excellent aesthetic judgment and visual design skills
- Evidence of great design process (strategy and definition documents, user flows, wireframes, etc)
- 5+ years of production experience as a UI designer, UI/UX designer, interaction designer, product designer or similar
- Shipped at least 1 game as a key contributor in UI/UX
- Experience training, mentoring, and managing other designers
- An appreciation for the iterative nature of the design process
- Excellent communicator with a passion for great execution
- Expert-level experience using various prototyping and design software
- Up to date on latest design trends and styles
- Plays games and understands a gamer’s mind
- Experience working with core game titles
- Experience working with 3D engines
- Experience with front-end development
Pocket Gems offers top-notch benefits, including Anthem PPO, Kaiser health plans, and free One Medical membership. We cover 100% of the cost of employees’ Medical, Dental and Vision premiums (and 75% of the cost for their dependents), as well as short and long-term disability, and life insurance. We also offer flex spending & dependent care accounts, pre-tax commuter benefits and a 401(k) match. Pocket Gems is located in beautiful downtown San Francisco, one block North of the Montgomery Street BART station.
Pocket Gems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.