Pocket Gems wants to build the greatest games and interactive entertainment in the world. That’s the mission our founders began with in an apartment above a pizza shop back in 2009 and we continue it today.
Pocket Gems has grown to over 250 people in San Francisco. With $155 million in backing from Sequoia Capital and Tencent, we’re constantly breaking new ground with graphically rich mobile games, fun new genres of mobile entertainment, and innovative technologies like our mobile-first Mantis Engine.
Our products have been downloaded over 325 million times by players around the world. Most recently, we’ve launched Wild Beyond, a fast-paced and strategic 3D combat game, Episode, a mobile storytelling network and platform, and War Dragons, a visually stunning 3D real-time strategy game.
Episode has partnered with major studios and industry stars to create stories such as Mean Girls: Senior Year, Demi Lovato: Path to Fame, Clueless: School’s Out, Pitch Perfect In Deep Treble, and Pretty Little Liars. Over 8 million storytellers have also signed up to create their own stories, including award-winning screenwriters and published novelists. Episode has made the list of the Apple’s Top 10 iOS Games of 2017 and was recently recognized by Google as the Best Community Building Game at its annual Google Play Awards in 2018!
As a Player Experience Specialist on the Episode team, you will oversee our support desk, execute our core internal processes and programs, and manage all communication with our thriving community. This is a great role for someone who is passionate about games and creating the best possible experience for players.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with our team of player support representatives to ensure that performance meets metric goals and quality standards
- Run internal processes to deliver efficient, responsive, and high-quality player support. Partner with product teams to advocate for players in upcoming product roadmaps
- Use data and analytics, in combination with qualitative review, to report on the health of player support systems
- Own and innovate on our communication with the Episode community, with specific focus on Instagram. Includes creating a variety of fresh, shareable and engaging content, building and managing content calendars for various social channels, and analyzing the impact of posts to guide future content direction
- Be a presence on our forum community; interact with players and work with our moderation team when needed
What You’ll Bring to the Player Experience Team:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 2 - 4 years of relevant experience, including at least 1 year in a Customer Support role
- Strong organizational, verbal and written communication skills and ability to multitask
- Passion for great stories and characters, across genres and formats
- Demonstrated interest in working with young adult female community
- Creative and strategic thinker, with a willingness to get your hands dirty
- Deep understanding and active use of Instagram, including comfort creating organic content
Extra Gems For:
- Photoshop skills
- Background in graphic design
- Solid understanding of customer support performance metrics and optimization strategies. Able to identify trends anecdotally and prove them quantitatively
Pocket Gems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.